If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Although upright vacuum cleaners are useful, they can make cleaning unattractive as they are loud and difficult to maneuver. That’s why canister vacuums are better to deal with these issues. However, not all canister models are the same. You need to know the features that are essential to you when buying your vacuum.
We have reviewed several products to help you weed through your choices between the best canister vacuum cleaners with HEPA Filter. There is also a guide with key details to help you buy a quality vacuum.
- Our Top Canister Vacuum Cleaners with HEPA Filter Reviews
- Features and Considerations for Canister Vacuums with HEPA Filters
- Type of Vacuum
- Wrap Up
Our Top Canister Vacuum Cleaners with HEPA Filter Reviews
Best Overall Canister Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Filter: Kenmore Elite 600 Series
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Multipurpose design w/swivel head cleans all areas and surfaces in your...
- PET POWERMATE: Motorized attachment lifts stubborn pet hair, dander and dirt quickly from surfaces....
- POP-N-GO BRUSH: Stores inside vacuum, attaches to handle and wand in a snap for bare floor cleaning
- ALUMINUM TELESCOPING WAND: Adjustable lightweight wand lengthens to an extended reach of 10. ' to...
The Kenmore Elite 600 Series vacuum cleaner boasts of a multipurpose all-floors design that can clean different types of floors with ease, including laminate, carpet, and hardwood. It can also remove any pet hair, allergens, and dust in your home. This model comes with a POP-N-GO brush to let you clean any bare surfaces and messes quickly.
This bagged canister vacuum also features a wide swivel head to let you clean all surfaces and areas in your home effortlessly. There is also an adjustable aluminum telescopic wand that extends up to 10 inches to allow you to reach difficult areas. This model also has a long retractable power cord at 28 inches to let you cover larger surfaces.
When it comes to lifting the toughest pet hair, dirt, and dander from your floor, carpet, and furniture, the motorized Pet PowerMate accessory will do a great job without any issues. It will also remove any hair that is tangling from around the brush.
If you have any family members that suffer from allergies, you will appreciate the triple HEPA filtration system that Kenmore vacuum cleaner comes with. This system can remove up to 99.97% of all allergy triggers in your home to ensure you breathe cleaner air.
What We Like
- Adjustable aluminum telescopic wand
- Motorized Pet PowerMate accessory
- Multipurpose all-floors design
- Triple HEPA filtration system
- POP-N-GO brush
What We Don’t Like
- Some users find it bulky at 22 pounds
Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner for the Money: Dyson Big Ball
If you are looking for a canister vacuum that offers great usability and strong suction power, then look no further than the Dyson Big Ball. This model is a powerful vacuum cleaner that comes with cleaning tools to move it effortlessly from one area to another.
The vacuum is also an excellent choice for various cleaning jobs and excels on carpeted surfaces. One incredible feature that you may like is the self-righting feature. While other models can’t pick themselves up when they fall, when this Dyson vacuum topples over, it rights itself back up.
This model delivers strong suction as it generates 250 Air Watts of suction power. It also comes with a 360-degree handle that enables the hose to rotate from the cleaning head and the extension wand. This makes cleaning high surfaces easy as you won’t have to step on anything. Also, cleaning low surfaces will be a breeze as you won’t have to bend over.
Another good thing you may appreciate about the Big Ball model is that it’s better for people with allergies and asthma. It has a filtration system that can filter out small particles measuring 0.003 microns. Using the vacuum is also fast and simple. The Ball technology enables the vacuum to turn and follow you around in your home effortlessly.
What We Like
- 360-degree articulating handle
- Great for a variety of cleaning jobs
- Self-righting when it falls down
- Allergy and asthma friendly
- Strong suction power
What We Don’t Like
- Manual doesn’t include text, only pictures
- Unsuitable for small rags
Best Cheap Canister Vacuum Cleaner with Hepa Filter: Ovente ST2010
- FAST & EFFICIENT – Equipped with 1200-Watts, this cyclonic vacuum uses powerful, nonstop suction...
- ADVANCED MULTI-LEVEL FILTRATION – Say goodbye to allergies! Its HEPA filtration system removes...
- INCREDIBLE VALUE – Comes with premium attachments for cleaning various surfaces: sofa/pet brush,...
- CONVENIENT – Step button to turn on/off, automatic cable rewinder, 360° hose swivel, and...
People looking for an affordable model that is powerful, compact, and multi-functional may find the Ovente ST2010 bagless vacuum cleaner an ideal choice. The Energy Saving Control is a unique feature that enables the model to save on its 1200 wattage power output. With this feature, you can turn power to the maximum or minimum, depending on what you need.
Regardless of the type of floor you have in your home, the vacuum’s integrated accessories such as the floor brush, crevice nozzle, and the telescopic metal wand will allow you to clean different floor types. Its 16 feet retractable power cord will allow you to clean a larger surface area while switching the vacuum on or off conveniently using the power button.
One advantage of the Ovente model is that you won’t have to wind the power cable manually as it has an automatic cable rewind function. Other remarkable features that make this vacuum tick are its compact and lightweight design at 12 pounds that makes it easy to move across a large area.
Additionally, the translucent dust casing will enable you to monitor the type and volume of particles accumulated. The ST2010 also has an advanced multi-level filtration system that removes 99.97 percent of airborne particles to ensure your environment is fresh and clean.
What We Like
- Automatic cable rewind function
- Can vacuum various floor types
- Translucent dust casing
- Energy Saving Controls
What We Don’t Like
- Filter holds a small amount of dirt
- Small vacuum
Features and Considerations for Canister Vacuums with HEPA Filters
Finding the best canister vacuum cleaners with HEPA filter can be time-consuming as there are many things to consider before you buy one. However, we are here to provide you with the right information. While shopping, here are the features you need to check:
Type of Vacuum
This is an important factor to consider since the type of vacuum you choose will impact its performance. The two common types of vacuums include:
- Bagged: The good thing about these models is that dust or other particles do not escape the vacuum when discarding the bag or turning it on. However, you will have to keep buying and installing new bags once you fill-up the old ones. While this might add up to the cost of maintaining the vacuum in the long run, bagged vacuums come with a filter that tends to reduce this cost.
- Bagless: With these vacuums, you won’t have to buy any new bags or change the dust cup. And while you may still need to buy filters depending on the design, some of these filters are often easy to wash, making them more convenient. Some models can let out some dirt, and it’s easier to make a mess with these, though.
Both bagged and bagless vacuums come with a filter, making them an excellent choice for homeowners that suffer from asthma and allergies.
Power Cord and Hose Length
Typically, the ideal power cord and hose length depend on personal preference. You should consider whether they can cover the size of your house when weighing your options.
If both lengths are short, you will have to keep picking up and moving the vacuum. Before making a purchase, consider how much you can clean before moving your vacuum from one place to another.
Lightweight models will give you more mobility while vacuuming, unlike bulkier ones that you may struggle to push around. However, it’s important to note that lightweight vacuum cleaners have less power compared to their heavier counterparts.
A heavy vacuum can be a great option if you won’t be carrying or moving it to different floors. We recommend going for a lighter model if portability is a priority to you.
When deciding the amount you want to spend, consider how long you want your canister vacuum to last and if you will be using it regularly. For instance, well-built vacuums tend to be pricey and more durable.
So, if you intend to use the model occasionally to clean inaccessible areas, an inexpensive vacuum may be better for you.
However, if you plan to use the model as your primary vacuum cleaner as most homeowners do, then a more robust vacuum may be worth the purchase. Also, additional features such as pet hair brushes and suction speed settings tend to drive up the price.
Look for affordable models that don’t come with these features, especially if you don’t need them.
A vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter is a great addition to your home as it will clean the air in your home and get rid of any dirt and dust. This is particularly helpful if you live with any family members who suffer from allergies or asthma. The vacuums that we have reviewed offer impressive performance, have powerful suction and are durable. Pick any vacuum on our list, and you won’t be disappointed.