As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cleaning hardwood floors shouldn’t be dreadful. Thanks to spin mops, you can get clean floors in a matter of minutes with no back pain!
You don’t need to break your bank to buy an efficient electric mop. In this article, we’ll review five of the best cordless spin mops on the market.
- Top Cordless Spin Mop Reviews
- Features to Consider When Buying a Cordless Spin Mop
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Top Cordless Spin Mop Reviews
Best Overall Cordless Spin Mop: Bissell SpinWave, 23157
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Dimensions: 27.5 x 16 x 7.5 inches
- Runtime: 20 mins
- Spinning Speed: 280 r/min
Bissell is a longstanding name in the field of vacuum cleaners. Their cordless spin mop, SpinWave 23157, doesn’t fall far from the tree. SpinWave 23157 is robust, easy to use, and fast.
Bissell’s mop pads rotate in opposite directions. When the pads spin against each other, they’re more effective on stubborn stains because they tackle them from all directions. Besides, it has an on-demand spray to control the amount of formula on the floor while cleaning as opposed to other cheaper options like the Zoom Spin, for example.
Although the SpinWave 23157 removes hard stains, it’s not harsh on floors. The movement of the cleaning pads is robust, but their texture is soft. As a result, you can safely use this mop on any type of flooring; sealed hardwood floors, vinyl, tile, and linoleum.
- Has dual multipurpose storage tray for mop pads (minimal storage space required)
- Comes with two scrubby and two soft-touch pads that you can choose from depending on floor and stain types
- Cleans after pets and helps them by supporting Bissel Pet Foundation for homeless pets
- Shortest battery runtime on our list with only 20 minutes
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports the BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to...
- Cordless Freedom. 18V lithium-ion battery provides up to 20 minutes of cordless runtime.
- Powerful Spinning Mop Pads. Restore your floor's natural shine with rotating mop pads that do the...
- Safe On Sealed Hard Floors. Powers through tough, sticky messes on wood, tile, linoleum, and other...
Best Value: Mark Live Cordless Electric Spin Mop
- Weight: 5.9 lbs
- Dimensions: 5.51 x 20.47 x 16.53 inches
- Runtime: 60 minutes
- Spinning Speed: 260 r/min
True to the claim, Mark Live’s cordless mop is labor-saving, thanks to its self-propellent, which drives the whole thing with minimal effort from your side.
Mark Live’s mop boasts of an impressive runtime of 60 minutes, beating its counterparts on our list. Moreover, you can track the battery’s state through the four battery capacity levels.
This mop comes with three cleaning modes; dry mopping, wet mopping, and a waxing function. Choose from them depending on the type of floor you have.
We’d like to think of Mark Live as an autonomous household machine. Not only does it self-drive with its own traction, but it also works in silence. This mop operates quietly at less than 30 dB, beating the average 50 dBs of the Bissel SpinWave.
- Voluminous water tank (300 mL) to cover the whole house without refills
- A detachable, lightweight battery that saves charging time
- 180° x-axis & 90° y-axis rotation to reach beneath furniture
- Rotation isn’t powerful enough to clean tough stains
- [Dual-Motor & Self-Propelled Design] MARK LIVE electric mop spins up to 280r/min, which can make...
- [Long-Lasting Battery & Cordless Lightweight] This cordless mop upgraded rechargeable battery...
- [300ml Water Tank] This electric mop has a built-in 300ml water tank, which provides a quick...
- [Adjustable Tube & LED Headlight] Anyone can easily use the electric mop because its height can be...
Best Budget: Zoom TV Spin Maid
- Weight: 3.39 lbs
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 5.88 x 53.5 inches
- Runtime: 60 minutes
- Spinning Speed: N/A
You don’t have to break your bank to get an efficient cordless spin mop. Zoom TV Spin Maid mop offers decent performance at a quarter of the price of its competitors on the market!
Although the spinning action of the cleaning pads isn’t as strong as other options on our list, it gets the job done. The pads hover gently over different floor surfaces mopping off dirt and leaving no visible tracings. Yet, we won’t recommend this if you have pets or heavily spoiled floors.
The obvious downside to this mop is that it doesn’t have a container for the cleaning solution. You have to go old-school. Instead of using a mop bucket, you will simply spill your cleaning solution on the floor, then hover the mop over it.
The flip side is that you can use any detergent you want. This gives you the freedom to use any cleaning liquid of choice instead of being limited to one or two brands based on the mop’s reservoir.
- Way more affordable than other options with an acceptable performance
- You can clean the whole house using one battery recharge
- Works with any type of detergent
- No reservoir, so you need to spill cleaning liquid on the floor
- Gentle rotation motion won’t help with stubborn stains
Best Luxury Option: Ontseev Cordless Electric Mop & Bucket
- Weight: 13.2 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.75 x 7.48 x 47.25 inches
- Runtime: 35-60 mins
- Spinning Speed: 240 r/min
If you want to take it up a notch when choosing a cordless spin mop, you can get Onsteev cordless mop that comes with a self-cleaning bucket. So the mop won’t only clean the floors, but also take care of itself!
The bucket is cleverly designed, where it’s divided internally into two separate compartments for clean and dirty water. To wash the spin mop heads, all you need to do is put the mop inside the bucket and press the ‘water’ button.
This feature sets the Onsteev spin mop apart from its competition, where you have to remove the mop pads and wash the spin mop heads in the washer. The self-cleaning feature saves a whole lot of effort and time.
The Onsteev mop sports an ergonomic handle with an intuitive operating mechanism. You pull the grip down so that you set it on standby mode, and it’ll start working once you press the ‘start’ button. To turn it off, push the pole up to an upright 90° position to lock it.
Everything comes at a price, and while the actual price of the Onsteev mop isn’t too steep, it has a clear disadvantage; it’s a bit heavier than other models (13.2 lbs), and the bucket makes it cumbersome. If you’re looking for something that’s easy to store, maybe this is not for you.
- Low maintenance thanks to self-cleaning mops using a bucket
- Good investment (2 years of warranty as opposed to 1 in most cases)
- Robust cleaning action reduces strain on arms
- The bucket makes it hard to store
- Requires four batteries instead of one
- [Self-clean Spin-Dry bucket]With the new design bucket,it is easy to clean and dry the pads every...
- [Friendly and easy to use]The electric mop is very easy to use.When pull the grip down,it is...
- [Powerful and gentle]Cordless design avoids cable constraints and mess.Powerful motor up to 240r/min...
- [Standby at any time]The electric mop can be used for living room,kitchen,bedroom,bathroom,for...
Best for Versatility: VMAI G700 Cordless Electric Mop
- Weight: 5.6 lbs
- Dimensions: 20.9 x 16.9 x 5.9 inches
- Runttime: 1 hr
- Spinning Speed: 280 r/min
Equipped with LED lights, a powerful dual motor, and a maneuverable handle, VMAI G700 cordless mop is designed with versatility in mind.
No matter how well-designed an electric mop is, sometimes reaching tricky corners is challenging. You don’t have to suffer backache to clean beneath your furniture thanks to the VMAI G700’s handle that rotates 180° right to left and 90° vertical to horizontal.
The handle is ergonomic, and can extend it to 48.8 inches or shrink it to 37 inches, making it convenient for different settings without putting strain on your back. Besides, VMA G700 is lightweight; it weighs only 5.6 lbs as opposed to the 11 lbs of the SpinWave 23157, for example.
- Incremental extension of the handle through a small lever
- Powerful motor works well to remove tough stains
- Short charging time (2.5-3 hrs) that lasts for around an hour
- Battery might break after a while, so it’ll need replacement
- 💧Powerful Spin & Long-Last Battery - The powerful floor cleaner equipped with a dual-motor...
- 💧Hands-Free & Lightweight - Our electric mop applied with the latest wireless technology, is...
- 💧Flexible, Adjustable and LED Headlight - The electric floor mop with an extendable rod for free...
- 💧Sprayer for Cleaning & Waxing - This electric mop provides spray function due to the 300ml...
Plenty of factors come to play when choosing a cordless spin mop. Here are three that we recommend you look into before buying.
Like it or not, brand names are essential when choosing an electric appliance. Take the Bissel SpinWave mop, for example. Although it doesn’t cross every checkbox on the list of a perfect spin mop, it’s considered the best in this category on the market.
Why? Because of its reputable brand name, which translates into a trusted manufacturing process, excellent aftersales service, and decent appliance longevity.
When looking for a cordless spin mop, you primarily seek convenience. You want a functional mop that’s easy to use, and that’ll help you go through the floors of your house freely, not tied to a chord, nor waiting for it to recharge.
That’s why you should pay attention to the mop’s runtime. Does it give you enough time to clean your house on one recharge? You don’t want a mop that requires multiple recharges to cover a 100 sq/ft space.
The handle is a key factor when choosing a cordless mop. The design of the handle is what determines whether this mop will be comfortable to use or not.
Preferably, you should look for an extendable handle to accommodate different people. A flexible handle with a swivel is a plus because it helps you reach out to tricky spots.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Avoid Streaks When Using a Spin Mop?
To avoid mop streaks, you should try to keep water at a minimum amount to let the floors air dry quickly. Don’t use more than the recommended amount of water to speed up the process; this will probably end up with spots on your floor. Also, it’s always better to use filtered or distilled water.
Can I Use a Spin Mop on Wooden Floors?
Yes, as long as the floor is sealed (wood, vinyl, etc.), you can use a spin mop to clean it.
How Often Should I Replace Mop Pads?
Ideally, you should replace your mop pads every three months.
A cordless spin mop is essential for saving time and effort doing house chores. You just need to make sure that the mop’s handle and runtime are suitable for your needs and you’ll be good to go with any option on our list.