As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Your walls need deep cleaning every now and then, and elbow grease and a washcloth won’t cut it. Using a mop specifically designed to clean walls will allow you to quickly scrub and clean them.
We’ve reviewed the best mops to wash walls, and ranked our findings below.
- Top Wall Washing Mop Reviews
- Features to Consider Before Buying a Wall Mop
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top Wall Washing Mop Reviews
Here are the top mops on the market to wash your walls.
Best Mop for Washing Walls: Bona Premium Microfiber
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better option than the Bona Premium Microfiber Mop for a mop to wash your walls with.
The key feature of the Bona Microfiber Mop is that it’s the lightest mop in this guide, making it easier to move around.
It also has one of the biggest pad sizes of any product on this list at 16.5 inches, coming second only to the Norwex MicroFiber Superior. This makes your wall cleaning faster and more efficient.
- Mop head size: 16.5 x 4.5 inches
- Handle length: 52 inches (maximum)
- Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Number of mop pads included: 2 (wet and dusting)
Plus, the Bona’s flexible rubber corners allow you to get into every nook and cranny. They also act to reduce the risk of any damage to your walls while cleaning.
Another great feature of the Bona Microfiber Mop is its sustainability. Although many other mops, like the O-Cedar, Bosheng, and Rubbermaid are machine washable, Bona estimates a whopping 500 times!
- Washable and reusable mop pads make them sustainable and long-lasting
- Telescoping handle and large mop pads boost cleaning speed and efficiency
- Multiple mop pads included that are suitable for dusting and wet cleaning
- Rubber corners on mop pads help keep your walls safe from damage
- Turning the telescopic handle while mopping can re-adjust the length
- Mop pads lack velcro in their corners, leading to them coming off the mop head at times
- MICROFIBER MOP FOR FLOOR CLEANING: Durable microfiber floor mop with telescoping handle and...
- EXTRA-LARGE FOR FASTER CLEANUP: Extra-large mop head cleans 40% faster than the leading competitor
- REUSABLE HOUSEHOLD ESSENTIAL: Durable, lightweight design with an easy locking strip to quickly...
- SUPERIOR DUSTER: Bona Microfiber Dusting Pad with electrostatic design traps dust, dirt, and pet...
Best Value Wall Washing Mop: O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber
The O-Cedar EasyWring can help you get the most out of your hard-earned money.
The O-Cedar EasyWring features a triangular, ultra-absorbent, microfiber mop pad with a 360° range of motion. It also features a telescopic handle with three length settings.
All this allows it to glide smoothly across your walls, easily reaching and thoroughly cleaning those pesky corners of your walls.
Although this is the only product on this list that comes with a single mop pad, the mop pad is crafted from highly absorbent microfiber, making it particularly handy for wet mopping. It’s also fully machine washable and can be used for three months before having to be replaced.
- Mop head size: 13 inches (width)
- Handle length: 48 inches (maximum)
- Weight: 4.8 pounds (mop and bucket)
- Number of mop pads included: 1
While it’s more expensive than the O-Cedar, the package does include a plastic bucket to fill featuring a hands-free wringing system. So, all in all, it saves you a lot of time and effort.
It also has a splash guard, which prevents the bucket’s contents from splashing all over your floors as you move the bucket from one room to the other.
However, one thing to keep in mind is that the mop handle length is the shortest of all the mops listed.
- Triangular, microfiber spin mop pad helps you reach corners with ease
- Bucket features hands-free wringing and a splash guard for easy use and transportation
- Machine washable microfiber mop lasts for three months
- Highly absorbent mop is well-fitted for wet mopping on walls and ceilings without dripping
- Comes with only one mop pad, while most options on the list include at least one replacement head
- Mop pad is relatively small, making it cumbersome when cleaning wide walls
- HANDS-FREE WRINGING: Our exclusive mop bucket design features a built-in wringer that allows for...
- MACHINE WASHABLE: The EasyWring Microfiber Mop Head is machine-washable and reusable! We recommend...
- DEEP CLEANING MICROFIBER: O-Cedar's EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning System...
- REACHES IN CORNERS: Due to the patented triangle mop-head and ability to rotate 360 degrees, the...
Best Budget Wall Washing Mop: Bosheng Mop/Bucket/Wringer Set
If you don’t want to shell out too much for a mop to wash your walls, then the Bosheng Set could be just what you’re looking for.
Even though this product is modestly priced, the features it packs sure don’t show it.
The Bosheng set comes with three microfiber mop pads that are usable for both wet and dry mopping. Once you’re done cleaning, you can pop them into your washing machine and reuse them without any issues.
The pads are attachable to the mop itself by velcro, making assembly a breeze.
- Mop head size: 13 x 4.7 inches
- Handle length: 48.6 inches
- Weight: 3.85 pounds (mop and bucket)
- Number of mop pads included: 3
As for the mop head, it’s fully rotatable, making it ideal for cleaning the corners of your walls with minimal hassle. However, it’s a bit on the small side, like the O-Cedar EasyWring.
Moving on to the bucket, it’s designed with high walls to be splash-resistant. However, it’s not as noticeable as the guard on the O-Cedar since it doesn’t have the spin-wringing feature.
- Velcro mop pad assembly is easy and convenient
- 360° rotatable mop head makes it easier to reach corners
- Bucket is splash-resistant and has scraping pads for effortless wringing
- All three mop pads are fully machine washable and reusable
- Only one handle length setting, giving you less control as you clean
- Scraping pads can sometimes separate the velcro mop pad from the mop head when wringing
- REACH INTO ANY CORNERS: BOSHENG flat floor mop have 360°rotatable rectangular mop heads which makes...
- HANDS FREE SQUEEZE: Our flat mop head can automatically rebound within 30 degrees without touching....
- EXCLUSIVE BUCKET DESIGN: The bucket with 2 grooves, one for clean and the other for dry. With simple...
- COMPACT FOR EASY STORAGE: All pieces are compact enough to fit effortlessly inside the bucket. When...
Longest Reacy: Norwex Microfiber Superior Mop
If you live in a large house with high walls and ceilings, the Norwex Microfiber Superior might be the optimal choice for you.
Equipped with a microfiber mop pad for wet mopping and another for dry mopping, the Norwex Superior Mop will get the job done and satisfy all your mopping needs.
The mop pads are designed to be used in conjunction with each other.
The dry mop pad removes any lingering dust and particles. After that, the wet mop pad dampened with water can clear away any leftover dirt and bacteria, thanks to Norwex’s patented BacLock technology.
- Mop head size: 20 inches (width)
- Handle length: 62 inches (maximum)
- Weight: 1.94 pounds
- Number of mop pads included: 2
This technology makes using chemical cleaning solutions unnecessary. So, in a way, your chores will be easier on the environment and your wall paint.
The Norwex Superior Mop’s mop pad is also huge. In fact, it’s the widest of any product on this list at 20 inches. This is yet another feature that makes it perfect for cleaning large areas of your wall with fewer swipes.
The incredibly long 62-inch telescopic handle of the Norwex Superior Mop also tops all other mops in this guide. It gives you the ability to reach all kinds of places on your walls and ceiling that are simply not accessible to other mop models.
- Excellent option for cleaning high walls and ceilings, thanks to its 62-inch telescopic handle
- Features BacLock anti-bacterial technology for a safer and cleaner home
- Environmentally friendly, as it doesn’t require chemical cleaning solutions
- Huge mop head efficiently covers large areas
- At almost two pounds, it can get uncomfortable to hold up for a long time
- You have to order all replacement pads from Norwex to get the same BacLock technology
Best Built-in Spray Option: Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop
If you often find yourself wet mopping your walls, we highly recommend the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray.
While some mops, like the O-Cedar and the Bosheng, come with buckets, the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop comes equipped with a 22 oz spray tank. This allows you to add water or a chemical cleaning solution and dispense the liquid as you go.
However, you should always double-check that any chemical solutions you’re using are compatible with your wall finishing material and with the right concentration.
Spraying the contents of the spray tank on your wall is as easy as pulling the mechanical trigger on the mop’s handle without stretching or standing on the tips of your toes.
- Mop head size: 16.5 x 5.5 inches
- Handle length: 48 inches or nearly 50 with the mop head included (non-adjustable)
- Weight: 1.38 pounds
- Number of mop pads included: 3
The great thing about the trigger is that it’s not battery-powered, giving you complete control over how much liquid you dispense.
Additionally, the spray tank reduces leakage, no matter what position you’re holding the mop. If you notice even the slightest leakage, make sure to revisit the instruction manual and check that you’ve installed the mop correctly.
Unlike the Bona Premium’s 500 washing cycles, you only get 100 washes on this bad boy.
- Non-battery-powered spray trigger gives better control when dispensing liquid
- Anti-leakage spray tank that’s also suitable for dishwashers for extra convenience
- Mop pads are fully washable and reusable, giving increased sustainability
- Comes with a scrub pad for stubborn stains
- Doesn’t feature a telescopic handle, which can make it hard to reach certain areas on the wall or even just collapse the mop for storage
- You can’t use bleach (or other intense detergents) in the removable water tanks
- MULTI-SURFACE USE: Safe to use on all floor types including hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile
- 50% MORE DIRT PICKUP: Microfiber cleaning pad picks up 50% more dirt and dust per swipe than...
- WON'T HARM SURFACES: Non-scratch scrubber for stubborn spots
- REFILLABLE BOTTLE: 22 ounce refillable bottle allows you to mix your own solution
Features to Consider Before Buying a Wall Mop
Here are three essential features to look out for when choosing a mop to wash your walls:
Long Telescopic Handle
A key factor to remember is the mop’s handle’s length. When cleaning your walls, you want to be able to reach every corner of them without having to bring out the acrobat inside of you.
This is where telescopic handles come in handy.
Adjustable handles give you more control over your mop’s handle length, allowing you to access a greater area of your wall. It’s best to get a mop with a minimum of 45 inches.
Rotatable Mop Head
Another big issue that you’ll face when washing your walls is being able to really get into those corners with your mop. If your mop’s head isn’t flexible, you’ll experience a lot of frustration on that front.
This is why buying a mop with a rotatable head, like the O-Cedar or the Bosheng, is something that will save you a significant amount of future hassle.
Wide Mop Head
Smaller mopping heads are suitable for crammed wall spaces, while something broader can cover more area in one swipe.
That said, you don’t want to get a 24-inch mop made for garages because it’ll be too heavy (and awkward) to lift and might even lead to a painful shoulder injury. Instead, you can aim for something between 13-24 inches for optimal weight-coverage balance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about wall mopping:
Why Use a Mop to Wash Walls?
Mops are well-suited for cleaning walls because they have long handles. They can allow you to access those high places on your wall that would otherwise be hard to reach when using other cleaning equipment, like regular dusters.
Can You Use a Floor Mop to Wash the Walls?
You can use a floor mop to wash walls, but it’s going to be more difficult since that’s not what they’re designed for. If you do get a floor mop, make sure to find a decent balance between weight and width since those are the two main distinguishing factors.
Should You Use a Cleaning Solution to Wash Walls?
Your decision on whether you use water or a chemical cleaning solution to wash your wall depends on the material of your wall and the type of paint on it. Your safest bet is dish soap or vinegar. However, if you’re unsure, it’s best to stay on the safe side and use water.
So, what’s the best mop to wash walls?It depends on what you’re looking for. For example,
- if you need a mop with a built-in spray tank, opt for the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray.
- if you need a mop that will offer you great features at an attractive price, then your best option is the Bosheng Set.
- if you’re simply looking for the best overall choice, then the Bona Premium Microfiber Mop is your best bet.