If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Over time, the joints of a new bathroom may start to open up and you will have to seal those gaps and cracks with a shower sealant. The best shower caulk can help you prevent mold and other bacterial growth from forming in these spaces.
- Our Top Shower Caulk Reviews
- Best Shower Caulk Overall: Gorilla 100 Percent Caulk
- Top Shower Caulk for the Money: GE Silicone Sealant Caulk
- Best Cheap Shower Caulk: Dap Acrylic Latex Caulk
- Best Shower Caulk for Mildew Prevention: GE Silicone Bath Sealant
- Best Shower Caulk for Small Jobs: Red Devil Acrylic Caulk
- Shower Caulk Features and Considerations
- Wrap Up
Our Top Shower Caulk Reviews
Using the right shower caulk it’s crucial, if you don’t fill the gaps, mold and mildew will begin to thrive in those damp places. Below, we have reviewed the top shower caulk models available in the market. Keep reading to find the right sealant for you.
Best Shower Caulk Overall: Gorilla 100 Percent Caulk
- Incredibly versatile 100% silicone sealant that dries translucent clear
- Best for sealing gaps or cracks between two surfaces; Works on window, door, kitchen, bath, gutters,...
- Indoor/outdoor; 100% Waterproof
- Won't Yellow, shrink or crack
The Gorilla 100 Percent Caulk is perfect for outdoor and indoor use since it is resistant to water. You can use it to seal cracks or gaps between two surfaces including marine, gutters, doors, windows, showers, auto and more.
The Gorilla 100 Percent Caulk is incredibly durable, it doesn’t crack, shrink or yellow, making it an excellent choice for bathrooms. This 2.8-ounce tube comes as one pack and dries white. It’s resistant to mold and mildew.
This Gorilla shower caulk is also ideal for small-duty caulking projects such as sealing the joints of small tubs, bathrooms, filling small cracks or renovating small bathrooms. It also works perfectly around the kitchen sink and tub since it doesn’t rot or leak.
Another great thing about this sealant is that you can use your shower immediately after applying it as it only takes 30 minutes to dry. Additionally, other pack sizes are available to give you a variety of options to choose from.
The only major issue with this shower sealant is that it requires a caulking gun to use. It also comes in a standard plastic tube, which some users claim is of poor quality even though it is the same type of tube other sealants come in.
While the sealant adheres well to glass, fibreglass and other popular tub and shower materials, it doesn’t adhere to polyethene. So, this is something you may want to pay attention to before purchasing.
What We Like
- Ideal for sealing gaps between two surfaces
- Resistant to water, mold and mildew
- Perfect for outdoor and indoor use
- Does not crack, shrink or yellow
- Only takes 30 minutes to dry
What We Don’t Like
- Unsuitable for large-duty caulking projects
- Requires a caulking gun to use
- Small 2.8 ounce tube
Top Shower Caulk for the Money: GE Silicone Sealant Caulk
- 100% WEATHERPROOF: This 100% silicone formula offers excellent protection from water damage,...
- 10-YEAR MOLD-FREE PRODUCT PROTECTION: Protects against stain-causing mold and mildew water damage
- 40% MORE FLEXIBILITY & 5X STRONGER ADHESION: Stays permanently flexible with strong adhesion and...
- 30-MINUTE RAIN-READY: Ready for rain exposure in as little as 30 minutes
The GE Silicone Sealant is 100 percent weatherproof and boasts of offering a reliable seal in places usually affected by extreme weather conditions such as too much cold or heat. Its 100% silicone formula also makes it perfect for use in showers as it provides unmatched protection from water damage.
Additionally, it’s available in six different colors including almond, black, brown, clear, light grey and white to ensure you find a sealant that suits your bathroom décor. We also like that it comes in a big 10.1-ounce tube, which makes it suitable for large caulking projects.
So, you can use it to seal large cracks in your shower doors and windows. The GE sealant also protects against mildew and the stain that causes mold. The manufacturer claims it can protect against mold growth up to 10 years once applied, which makes it a great investment.
This silicone sealant also offers a permanent seal since it is resistant to UV rays and low temperatures. Like the Gorilla shower caulk, it also dries in 30 minutes after applying and can endure extreme contraction or expansion usually caused by temperature changes.
What makes the GE shower caulk stand out from its competitors is that it does not discolor metal finishes such as nickel, bronze and chrome. The only problem with this product is that it is non-paintable. This means you can’t use it in an area you intend to paint after applying it.
What We Like
- Perfect for places prone to water leakages
- Suitable for large caulking projects
- Protects against mildew and mold
- Available in six different colors
- Its 100% silicone formula
What We Don’t Like
- Some tubes have the wrong labels
- Leaks at the base
- It is non-paintable
Best Cheap Shower Caulk: Dap Acrylic Latex Caulk
- This product adds a great value
- Slate gray
- Flexible & durable
- Low Order and Easy Water Clean-Up
The Dap Acrylic Latex is a highly durable shower caulk that you can use indoors. This easy to use sealant is great at providing an airtight and watertight seal which does not deteriorate over time because it offers superior bonding. Plus, you can use it on uneven and porous surfaces.
Also, its anti-mildew and anti-mold properties make it very useful in humid and damp places such as around your kitchen sink and bathroom. Although this shower caulk is not transparent, its slate grey color will blend well with your bathroom décor.
However, if you don’t like it, you can choose from the other 7 colors available. You should also exercise discretion, especially if you are going to apply it on dark-colored surfaces. This is because it is a bit difficult to apply the sealant by squeezing the tube manually.
So, you may have to look for a caulking gun if you want to apply a small amount at a time. When it comes to cleaning up, you can easily wipe it using water and a cleaning agent. Moreover, the 10.1-ounce tube of this acrylic latex sealant makes it an excellent choice for sealing large holes and cracks.
The Dap shower caulk also cures in two hours and creates a water-resistant barrier in 30 minutes. Additionally, it’s exterior-friendly and does not rinse off, which makes it ideal for use in an outdoor shower. This product is also one of the most durable caulk on this list as it can last up to 35 years.
What We Like
- Suitable on uneven and porous surfaces
- Its anti-mildew and anti-mold properties
- Easy to clean, use and maintain
- Cost-effective for large tasks
- Offers superior bonding
What We Don’t Like
- Its color does not suit some backgrounds
- Requires a caulking gun to apply
- Color and durability issues
Best Shower Caulk for Mildew Prevention: GE Silicone Bath Sealant
- 100% WATERPROOF: This 100% silicone formula offers ultimate protection from water damage, providing...
- 10-YEAR MOLD-FREE PRODUCT PROTECTION: Protects against stain-causing mold and mildew growth
- 40% MORE FLEXIBILITY & 5X STRONGER ADHESION: Stays permanently flexible with a high-performing,...
- 30-MINUTE WATER-READY: Ready for water exposure in as little as 30 minutes
The GE Silicone Bath Sealant offers a long-lasting seal as it is not prone to cracking or shrinking. Additionally, it forms a bond that is 5 times stronger because it is not susceptible to crumbling. You can also use your bathroom after three hours of application because it cures quickly.
The GE Silicone Bath Sealant is also 100 percent waterproof, keeping your bathroom free of mildew and mold up to 10 years. Moreover, it won’t blemish your most expensive metal finishes like bronze.
40 percent more flexible, the high silicone properties make it resistant to heat and the UV rays that can damage the quality of the sealant. One incredible thing about this shower sealant is its neutral-cure formula that results in low odor when it’s curing.
The formula makes this product an ideal option if you suffer from allergies. You won’t also spend a lot of money to invest in bathroom ventilation. Apart from developing a high-performing, flexible seal, the GE bath sealant also creates a waterproof barrier within 30 minutes after application.
If you are also looking for a product that cures quickly with minimal odor to deal with, this shower caulk is for you. Moreover, it adheres to granite, metal, ceramic, wood, laminate and glass. It also lasts up to 10 years, which makes it a great purchase.
What We Like
- Ability to adhere to several materials
- Not prone to cracking and shrinking
- It’s flexible and offers a durable seal
- Resistant to heat and the UV rays
- The neutral-cure formula
What We Don’t Like
- Does not always prevent mold
- Sometimes the tube can burst
- Not clear upon setting
Best Shower Caulk for Small Jobs: Red Devil Acrylic Caulk
- 5.5 oz. squeeze tube no caulking gun needed. Great for a small to medium sized job
- Odorless formula for pleasant application
- Mildew resistant for a clean long lasting like new appearance
- Fortified with silicone for long life seal
The Red Devil Acrylic boasts of a high degree of elasticity that results in a permanent and strong bond that does not pull away from the sealed joint, crack or even tear. Its sturdiness also makes it resistant to regular cleaning and abrasive cleaning agents.
Another great thing about this sealant is that you don’t have to wait for long before you can use your shower because it dries in one hour after application. This shower caulk also cures to a smooth, satin finish that results in an elegant look.
We also like that it doesn’t sacrifice durability since it offers up to 35 years of protection. You may also appreciate that it doesn’t produce a bad smell, making it the perfect solution if you suffer from allergies.
Moreover, it has an advanced formula that combines acrylic and silicone for excellent adhesion and added flexibility to offer a barrier against moisture. It also provides impressive resistance as it is resistant to temperature changes, rot and mildew.
One great advantage of this product is that you can apply it on wet or moist surfaces including your shower space. Since it is transparent, you will get a clear joint that won’t cloud or yellow over time.
Overall, the Red Devil shower caulk offers long-lasting flexibility and a watertight seal around the bathroom and kitchen fixtures. It also adheres to different materials including metal, vinyl, fibreglass, marble, glass, wood and more. You can also use it on fixtures, countertops and bathtubs.
What We Like
- Creates a barrier against moisture
- Resistant to temperature changes
- The high degree of elasticity
- No caulking gun needed
- Does not sacrifice durability
What We Don’t Like
- Leaves a scum of residue after applying
- Dries up if not used at once
- Small 5.5 ounces tube
Shower Caulk Features and Considerations
Not all shower sealants can meet your needs since different sealants come with different features. These are the most important factors you should consider when looking for the best shower caulk:
Type of Shower Caulk
Different types of shower caulk are available to give you a variety of options to choose from. Below are some common types:
Silicone Shower Caulks
These caulks are highly flexible, waterproof and resistant to heat, mold and mildew. They also adhere well to most surfaces. Bear in mind that there are two types of silicone caulks. Neutral cure chalks that are suitable for wood and metal surfaces.
Their acid cure counterparts are ideal for non-porous surfaces like glass. However, they tend to damage plastic materials and corrode metal.
Latex Shower Caulks
These caulks are easy to use and durable as they can last up to 10 years after application. You can also paint them over to match your bathroom décor.
However, they are only ideal for your window and door frames because they are not resistant to temperature fluctuations.
Specialty Shower Caulks
Only specific applications would need these caulks. Some include shower caulks resistant to mildew and mold, caulks for windows and doors, as well as those for sealing the roof.
Type of Surface
Different surfaces need different shower caulks. For example, if you are looking for a shower caulk, ensure it is resistant to heat, water and mold.
This is an important consideration because bathrooms are susceptible to wetness and moisture all the time. Due to this, you should choose a caulk that is resistant to water.
It’s also crucial that you know how to use the caulk you intend to buy. Ease of use will speed up the application process. You should also pay attention to your caulking gun to give you an easy time during application.
Using the right shower caulk will help fill cracks in your shower floor and keep out moisture and air. However, you need to ensure the product you choose is waterproof and resistant to mold to protect your bathroom effectively. All the products we have reviewed above meet this criterion and won’t disappoint you.