If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
The best shower doors should fit your shower, keep water inside, and give your bathroom an elegant look. The most common types are frameless and glass slide doors that you can open by either sliding to the right or left side. Yet, how can you know what’s the right shower door for you?
- Our Top Shower Doors Reviews
- Best Shower Door Overall: DreamLine Enigma
- Top Shower Door for the Money: DreamLine Infinity
- Best Cheap Shower Door: Sunny Shower
- Best Sliding Shower Door: Woodbridge Frameless
- Best Reversible Shower Door: Vigo Reversible
- Shower Doors Features and Considerations
- Wrap Up
Our Top Shower Doors Reviews
Choosing the right shower doors can be difficult sometimes. Some models have extra features like towel rails for convenience and it’s hard to know which feature is right for you. To save you from reading numerous reviews, we have compiled a list of the top shower doors on the market to help you pick the right door for your bathroom.
Best Shower Door Overall: DreamLine Enigma
- Model Size: 56-60 in. W x 76 in. H; Walk-In Opening: 22-26 in.
- Configuration consists of: Stationary Panel and Sliding Door; Fully Frameless design for an open and...
- Premium 3/8 in. (10mm) thick certified clear tempered glass; DreamLine exclusive ClearMax water and...
- Large wheel assembly creates effortless sliding action; Stainless Steel Top guide bar can be trimmed...
The DreamLine Enigma shower door boasts of a modern style that will add elegance to your showering space. This frameless sliding shower door uses high-quality stainless steel material, which reinforces the durability of this door.
The material also helps prevent this door from wear and tear to ensure it serves you for a long time. Apart from the great feel and look of custom glass, it also offers impressive performance. Moreover, it can endure excessive use, thanks to its incredible 3/8 inches thickness.
The tempered glass door comes equipped with high heat treatment, while its handle and guide bar has a rich brushed finish. Additionally, its thick glass features a stain-resistant and water-repellent coating for maximum durability.
We also like its sharp cutting edge design that prevents water from escaping from the shower. Another great thing you may like about the DreamLine shower doors is its reversible installation functionality. Plus, you can customize it to fit your bathroom unlike other shower doors available in the market.
With this feature, you don’t have to look for a right or left-handed shower door because this product can match any bathroom no matter the size. You can also trim its frameless design up to 4 inches to fit your showering space.
The only drawback is that this luxurious door requires a professional to install. Other than that, the Enigma shower door would be a great addition to your bathroom décor. Its stylish design, the ClearMax coated glass and customizable fit makes the purchase totally worth it.
What We Like
- Impressive performance and solid construction
- It’s remarkable 3/8 inches thickness
- Ability to withstand excessive use
- Frameless sliding shower doors
- Comes with high heat treatment
What We Don’t Like
- Requires a professional to install
- Unsuitable for outdoor use
- A bit bulky
Top Shower Door for the Money: DreamLine Infinity
- Hardware Finish – Chrome | Quality 1/4 in. (6mm) thick Clear certified tempered glass | Pictured...
- Dimensions – 44-48” W x 1” D x 72” H | Weight – 92.59 lbs. | Fits openings from 44” up...
- Configuration consists of a Stationary Panel and Sliding Door
- Convenient towel bar on the Stationary Panel | Reversible for a right or left door opening to fit...
The DreamLine Infinity shower door is another excellent addition to your bathroom décor. This frameless sliding door comes in chrome and brushed nickel finish. One of the remarkable features that set apart this door from its competitors is the quality materials used to design it.
Its construction includes tempered glass certified by ANSI and aluminum. These two materials ensure your door is robust, solid, and can resist breakages during rough usage. You can trust its quality because it has undergone rigorous tests and proven to be long-lasting and effective.
This sliding door also has a bar with a stationary panel attached to it that you can hang your towel when showering. The reversible shower door will also allow you to configure the opening either on the left or right side.
Like the Enigma shower door, this masterpiece with ¼ inches thickness is also treated with DreamLine’s ClearMax technology, which is a two-in-one factory applied coating. It preserves the strength of your door as it makes it water repellant and also stain-resistant.
Additionally, the coating makes maintaining and cleaning the Infinity shower door an easy task since it allows water to roll off effortlessly without leaving stains on the glass. Also, the smart slide technology provides an easy way to get in and out of your bathroom.
This means you don’t have to worry about pulling or pushing heavy glass shower doors. The only major issue with this door is that you’ll need professional installation. However, this is understandable because this is a great addition to your showering space that deserves the services of a plumber.
What We Like
- Comes in chrome and brushed nickel finish
- The stationery panel for hanging a towel
- Its tempered glass certified by ANSI
- Tested for durability
- Robust and durable
What We Don’t Like
- Complicated non-vertical alignment
- Requires pre-assembly
- Difficult installation
Best Cheap Shower Door: Sunny Shower
- Model size:56" - 60" W x 72" H
- Material:1/4"thick ANSI certified clear tempered glass,aluminum guide rails
- Warranty:Limited 5(five)year manufacturer warranty
- Hardware Finish:Polished Chrome Finish; Structural positioning:Reversible for a right or left door...
A shower door can either complement or make your bathroom décor look terrible, especially if the installation goes wrong. Fortunately, the Sunny Shower Door has the solution to this problem. Its frameless bypass sliding door uses ¼ inches thickness ANSI certified tempered glass.
Durable aluminum guide rails further reinforce the glass for maximum sturdiness. The door also has an elegant look with contemporary detailing of the polished chrome guide rails. What we like most about this sliding shower door is that you can install it easily on your preferred side.
Although we recommend you use professional installation, you can complete the setup process yourself since there are no complicated hardware or other parts to worry about. The assembly is straightforward and once you are done, you will have a spacious and uncluttered bathroom.
Additionally, you can trim and adjust the included aluminum guide rails to fit your showering space. The Sunny sliding door also comes with knobs and a towel bar for convenience. These inclusions tie well with its stunning look and make this product worth the purchase.
Even though these bypass sliding shower doors are not water repellant, they’re still a great pick. The included features and straightforward assembly plus installation make it an excellent addition to your bathroom. If you’re searching for a shower door that will add elegance to your shower space, get this product.
What We Like
- You can trim the aluminum guide rails
- The included towel bar and knobs
- The installation process is easy
- Uncomplicated assembly
- Polished chrome finish
What We Don’t Like
- Does not have a waterproof coating
- Some plastic parts
- Its design causes leaks
Best Sliding Shower Door: Woodbridge Frameless
- [DIMENSIONS AND FINISH]: 56-60" inch Width adjustable x 76 inch Height, Door Width: 32 3/4 inch,...
- [HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL]: 3/8"(10mm) thick tempered safety glass with ANSI Z97.1 certified, for easy...
- [UltraLux Glass Coating]: Creates an easy to clean long lasting shield on glass surfaces. This...
- [SHATTER RETENTION GLASS]: A transparent safety film bonded on the panels, in the event of breakage,...
The WoodBridge Frameless Door is another luxurious shower door worth your consideration. It uses clear tempered glass with 3/8 inches thickness, which makes it highly resistant to scratches and other mechanical damages.
The stainless steel ensures the door maintains its appearance and serves you for a long period. It also prevents the door from chipping, rusting, scratching off, or corroding. This shower door can slide effortlessly as it comes with steel rollers that also prevent any annoying sounds while sliding.
The rollers also ensure a smooth operation of the shower door all the time, while the chrome finish adds elegance to the overall design. A robust shower door pull handle is also included in the package to allow for a convenient slide. You can install the door pull handle depending on your preference.
This means you can choose to fit it either on the right or left-hand side of your shower door since it functions as intended. Moreover, this frameless sliding door adds modern styling to your shower.
One good thing about the WoodBridge shower door is that you can adjust it to fit your bathroom perfectly. This smartly designed door also offers an illusion of a spacious bathroom with a modern touch. When it comes to water leakages, a seal strip ensures water does not leak out.
This water-resistant design ensures your safety while bathing as it keeps the water in and prevents it from splashing out of the shower. Installation is also easy since the door comes with clear instructions. So, you don’t have to look for a professional.
What We Like
- Provides an illusion of a spacious bathroom
- The steel rollers that ensure silent operation
- Resistant to scratches and other damages
- The sturdy shower door pull handle
- Adjustable frameless sliding door
What We Don’t Like
- Small stainless steel parts
- No shower base
- Not stable
Best Reversible Shower Door: Vigo Reversible
- ✅ Model size: shower door fits shower opening widths 56-in – 60-in; door height is 74-in; door...
- ✅ Adjustable RollerDiskTM technology: this model features round sliding roller disks with 3/8 inch...
- ✅ Reversible installation: shower door can be installed with left side opening or right side...
- ✅ Glass type: ANSI Z97.1 and 16 CFR 1201-certified clear tempered glass measures 3/8 inch thick...
The Vigo Reversible shower door is available in different colors and sizes to give several options to choose from. This door comes in matte brushed gold color, which is a 7-layer premium finish that ensures longevity as it prevents your door from tarnishing, corroding, or rusting.
There is also the stainless steel hardware that gives this shower door a stylish look. For instance, its rollers allow for a smooth and effortless sliding that is quiet. Since these rollers use stainless steel, you can be sure they will work as intended for an extended period.
Another incredible feature of the Vigo shower door is the RollerDisk, Flex-Sizing and adjustable SmartAdjust technologies that allow you to adjust the door with ease so that it fits in your shower space.
This adjustable shower door also comes with excellent waterproof features. The water deflector ensures water is redirected towards the inside of your shower, while the full-length seals prevent water from reaching the door and the side panel.
When it comes to durability, this reversible shower door uses clear tempered glass that is robust and sturdy. Like other shower doors on this list, the reversible installation will enable you to customize the design of your shower area.
This means you can install this sliding door either to the right or left-hand side depending on your preference. If you want a shower door that offers a great selection of finishes, consider getting this product. However, it is important to mention that this door has a narrow opening and low rail.
What We Like
- The 7-layer premium finish that ensures longevity
- Available in different sizes and colors
- The integrated adjustability feature
- The included water-resistant features
- Reversible installation
What We Don’t Like
- Tall people may have to duck under the rail
- Narrow opening
Shower Doors Features and Considerations
There are crucial factors you should consider when looking for the best shower doors since there are different types available. These are the essential factors you need to pay attention to:
Shower Door Type
Picking the right shower door can be overwhelming since they come in different types. Some common types include:
Hinged Shower Doors
These doors have hinges that operate like the traditional doors. The hinges usually go on the bathroom wall. However, hinged shower doors don’t require an upper frame.
Pivoting Shower Doors
These doors have two pintles; one goes installed on the bottom of the panel, which enables the door to rotate on the lower and upper frame. The other one goes mounted on the top.
Sliding/Bypass Shower Doors
These doors slide along the track to close and open and come with two panels that hang from the upper track.
Frameless vs. Framed Shower Doors
Frameless shower doors consist of glass and contain minimal framing, as the name implies.
Its design also fits well into modern bathrooms since it is a new style of shower doors. Cleaning these doors is also easy.
On the other hand, framed shower doors contain solid brass and bits of stainless steel that are used to construct the handles and hinges.
The frame ensures smooth operation and adds stability to the door.
The type of glass used to design your shower door contributes to its overall function and quality of your shower. Some of the modern doors have classic designs, while others have clear tempered glass. You can also pick glass types with patterned or textured finishes depending on your bathroom décor.
A shower door is a great option for saving space in your shower area. However, you need to be careful when choosing your ideal door since several varieties are available.
Fortunately, our list covers the right ones to make it easy for you to pick the right door. Just refer to our buying guide to check out the features you want before making your decision.