If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
A refreshing shower needs a good shower fixture to do the job. The best shower fixtures can greatly enhance your showering experience. However, we understand getting a quality shower fixture can be time-consuming and tedious.
No matter the type of fixture you are looking for, or the type of bathroom you have, there is a model that is ideal for your needs. Let’s see what the shower fixtures we have reviewed have to offer.
- Our Top Shower Fixtures Reviews
- Shower Fixtures Features and Considerations
- Wrap Up
Our Top Shower Fixtures Reviews
Best Overall Shower Fixtures: Esnbia Brushed Shower System
The Esnbia Brushed Shower System offers you the choice of a handheld or overhead shower head. The set also comes with a rough-in valve to allow you to adjust water temperature and swap between the two shower heads effortlessly.
If your shower head is positioned over your bath, you can buy this set as it is equipped with a tub spout. This model boasts of a brushed nickel finish that gives it a darker and matte appearance.
The handheld showerhead is rectangular while its sharp lines are engraved nicely in the rectangular control panel. On the other hand, the rainfall showerhead is square and measures 12 inches across to give you a broad spray that will not leave you with cold shoulders.
The air pressurization technology makes the Esnbia shower fixture an excellent choice for people with low water pressure because the rainfall showerhead mixes air with water to boost the pressure. You will also use 30% less water, which is great for your water bills and environment.
The pressure balance valve also allows you to direct water to your preferred shower head while controlling water temperature. You can also direct water to both shower heads simultaneously by adjusting the lever to the middle position.
However, this shower fixture isn’t clearly designed for this function because the pressure will decrease. We recommend you use one shower head at a time instead if you want to get better results.
A great advantage is you can install this shower fixture easily, without the need for a plumber. Maintaining this shower system is also a breeze.
If you live in a hard water area, ensure to wipe the fixture using a soft cloth once you have completed showering. This will prevent the brushed nickel finish from rusting because water drops can leave marks on the finish.
One major issue with this shower fixture is that it has no massage settings. However, the rainfall showerhead will ensure you enjoy a great spa-like experience.
What We Like
- Pressure balancing valve
- Air pressurization technology
- Offers two shower heads
- Easy installation
- Uses less water
What We Don’t Like
- You can’t use both heads simultaneously
- Vague setup instructions
- No massage settings
- THE SHOWER SYSTEM INCLUDE： 12 inch square rain shower （304 stainless steel）, handheld...
- All METAL MATERIALS RAIN SHOWER SYSTEM: The shower faucet set made of high quality metal.The brushed...
- POWERFUL WATER PRESSURE SHOWER SET：12 inches square rain shower head and handheld shower head...
Best Shower Fixtures for the Money: Sun Rise SRSH-F5043
The Sun Rise model is an ultra-stylish shower fixture that includes a handheld and a rainfall showerhead, trim and the rough-in valve. The design is modern with a polished chrome finish and sharp lines. Although it is reasonably priced, the aesthetic appeal matches the quality.
The rainfall showerhead consists mostly of stainless steel while the handheld showerhead and overhead arm consist of brass. At 12 pounds, the shower fixture is lightweight with all the parts coated in several layers of chrome for an elegant, corrosion-resistant finish.
The shower hose also consists of durable stainless steel. Like the Esnbia shower fixture, this model is also a great option for people with low water pressure. The model’s high-pressure technology will give you a powerful shower as it enhances the consistency of water flow without affecting pressure and water consumption.
The handheld showerhead features a rectangular design that provides a wide stream of water. This is a useful addition as it will direct water to places that the overhead shower can’t reach. Unfortunately, this shower fixture doesn’t have any massaging settings.
One amazing feature is the rough-in valves that monitor water pressure. This is a great feature that will ensure you are not frozen or scalded while showering. However, it is important to mention that it may restrict water temperature than you would like.
Due to this, you should look for a plumber before installing because once in place, you can’t change it. Installation is also easy; however, you may need to look for other screws because the ones supplied are not ideal. Overall, the Sun Rise model is a beautiful and well-designed shower fixture that you should consider adding to your bathroom décor.
What We Like
- Great for people with low water pressure
- High-pressure technology
- Durable construction
- 2 in 1 showerhead
- Rough-in valve
What We Don’t Like
- You can’t use both shower heads simultaneously
- Included screws not ideal
- No massaging settings
- Includes: 10 inch (25 cm*25 cm) 304 Stainless Steel Rain Shower Head and 15.7 Inch (40cm) Solid...
- Concealed installation Brass Shower Bracket Holder and Solid Brass Pressure Balancing Shower Mixer...
- L Style Brass Handheld Shower Head with 304 Stainless Steel Shower Hose.
Best Cheap Shower Fixtures: Delta Faucet T14294-RB
If you want some additional functionality in your shower, you may want to check out the Delta Faucet T14294-RB shower fixture. Unlike other shower fixtures that serve a single purpose, this showerhead offers more functionality. The vintage-styled set is available in Venetian Bronze while installing it is super easy so that you can use it right away.
What sets this model apart from other shower fixtures on the market is its unique combination of vintage style, functionality, and modern convenience. Its sturdy construction also means the model can serve you for a long time.
The shower fixture comes with a wall-mounted valve trim to allow you to adjust the temperature and a traditional round fixed shower head. However, you will have to purchase the rough-in valve separately.
The Delta shower fixture offers five different settings ranging from high-powered to relaxing rainfall massage options. The intense massaging jets are perfect at relieving aching and tired muscles. Its massage spray is an excellent option after the gym, while the full-body spray settings provide strong streams of water.
Other options include the pause setting, drenching spray and the full-body setting with massaging. The pause setting is great if you want to shave as it will interrupt water flow without affecting the temperature setting.
One incredible feature you may like is the pressure-balanced valve cartridge. It monitors water temperature to prevent changes. The maintenance of this shower head is also really straightforward.
Moreover, cleaning the T14294-RB shower fixture is a breeze. The showerheads come with TouchClean spray holes to allow you to easily and quickly wipe lime and calcium build-up using your fingers. So, you don’t have to worry about soaking or using chemical cleaners.
What We Like
- Pressure-balanced valve cartridge
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Wall-mounted valve trim
- Five different settings
- Easy to clean
What We Don’t Like
- Some components feel a bit flimsy
- Only available in one color
- Rough-in valve not included
- ROUGH SOLD SEPARATELY: Shower trim kit only, purchase Delta's MultiChoice Universal Shower Valve...
- LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: You can install with confidence, knowing this Delta shower head and...
- 5 POWERFUL SPRAY OPTIONS: Shower head spray settings include full body spray, fast massage spray,...
Shower Fixtures Features and Considerations
Modern shower fixtures come in different styles, sizes, and shapes. That’s why it is crucial to know features that matter to you so that you avoid picking a model that may not meet your needs.
Type of Shower Fixture
Most shower fixtures come with adjustable features that will allow you to select the intensity of the jets and the spray pattern you want. Shower fixtures fall into the following categories:
- Dual and Multiple Shower Fixtures: These shower fixtures come with more than one fixture that you can control using a set of levers. A typical configuration is a wall-mounted shower fixture paired with a handheld shower fixture. In some cases, a diverter valve will allow you to use the mounted shower fixture or both simultaneously.
- Single-Head Spray Shower Fixtures: These fixtures have four or more nozzles that distribute the spray in different patterns. You can adjust the nozzles using a small lever that changes the pattern from concentrated streams to a wide spray.
- Handheld Shower Fixtures: They have a single head sprayer that is attached to a flexible hose, which makes them great for cleaning tight spaces and washing hair. Handheld showerheads are also ideal for those people who might want to shower while sitting down and those with limited mobility.
- Rainfall Shower Fixtures: These models have large, flat shower fixtures that are usually suspended above your head to direct the spray down.
Since valves regulate temperature and water pressure, having a basic understanding is essential as it will help you pick the right fixture for your needs. Here are the different types of valves available:
- Pressure-Balance Valve: This valve ensures the water temperature remains constant by allowing you to adjust the pressure of your cold or hot water inflow. The only issue is that it maintains constant temperatures by altering pressure. So, it can make the overall flow rate of your water to fluctuate.
- Anti-Scald Pressure-Balance Valve: This valve is a good safety feature that will prevent senior citizens and small children from sustaining injuries due to showering with hot water. However, corroded and clogged pipes. can affect the performance of the valve.
- Mixing Valve: This valve mixes cold and hot water. To adjust the mixing valve, twist the temperature control lever and you will make your water either cold or hot.
Shower Fixtures Finishes
Shower fixtures come in a variety of finishes including stainless steel, brushed nickel, bronze, polished chrome and more. If you want your bathroom to have a consistent look, we recommend getting all your bathroom accessories and fixtures from the same manufacturer.
Keep in mind that matte and brushed finishes are good at concealing fingerprints and water spots. On the other hand, polished finishes are elegant; however, they require constant maintenance to keep them looking bright.
Ease of Installation
This aspect should be your number one priority, especially if you intend to do the installation yourself. If installing the shower fixture is difficult, you will end up wasting your time and money and also damage the components.
It’s also important to mention that ceiling-mount and wall-mount shower fixtures require different setup techniques. For example, some kits come with components that you can install behind the tiles or wall, while others fasten to the exterior. That will mean looking for a professional to do the installation.
Dimensions and Style
Before leaving your house to go shopping, take the right measurements to avoid spending more money to customize your shower fixture. Components such as vertical pipes should fit the length of your bathroom. You should also check the size of the shower fixture because a big handheld shower head will make a small shower fixture feel cluttered.
Also, make sure the style fits your bathroom décor or theme. Do not assume just because everything is silver, then the style will work. For instance, a polished finish looks different from a brushed one when put in the same room.
Water Flow Rate
This is another important factor to consider because it can affect your showering experience. As such, investing in the right model is crucial as it will determine whether you will have constant water pressure that is ideal for you. For instance, a low flow of water can be irritating, while a high flow is not always necessary.
So, you need to determine the perfect rate if you want to enjoy the best output. You have to be careful about this while shopping because different fixtures offered by the same company have different flow rates.
Modern shower fixtures have different flow functions that can make a simple shower more enjoyable. All the models we have reviewed are functional and offer high-performance. Any of the models will upgrade the functionality and complement the design of your shower. Whatever your bathroom décor or needs are, you will find a great option on our list.