If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
A clean and dry bathroom will always help you relax as you shower after a busy day. On that note, the best shower pan can significantly improve your shower with a one-piece, easy-to-install base that’s leak-proof and seamlessly matches your bathroom décor.
- Our Top Shower Pan Reviews
- Best Overall Shower Pan: DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1032320
- Best Shower Pan for the Money: DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1134602
- Best Cheap Shower Pan: Proflo PFSB3434WH
- Best All-Purpose Shower Pan: Tile Redi T3660C
- Best Shower Pan with Center Drain: Bestbath Shower Base
- Shower Pan Features and Considerations
- Wrap Up
Our Top Shower Pan Reviews
Since a shower pan is a long-term investment, you need to be careful when looking for one. To help you make the right choice, we have reviewed the top shower pans in the market. Keep reading to find the perfect product.
Best Overall Shower Pan: DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1032320
The DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1032320 comes in trendy white color and is perfect for remodeling your bathroom or installation in a three-wall alcove shower. This double threshold shower pan offers impressive performance as it has a scratch-resistant surface.
It also works great as it doesn’t cause issues that arise due to the flexing of the base. When it comes to size, this shower pan is available in 16 sizes to give you several options to choose from. Additionally, this unit boasts of solid construction.
It has a multi-layered design for maximum strength and sturdiness. The layers include a stain-resistant and an upper scratch acrylic layer, a middle fiberglass layer for firmness, as well as a bottom PVC layer.
This design ensures your pan is durable enough to eliminate flexing since the middle layer consists mostly of fiberglass. Other notable features include availability in biscuit and black colors to match your bathroom décor and high gloss non-porous acrylic to make maintenance easy.
We also like that the DreamLine shower pan has a corner drain location, which is ideal for homeowners with a corner floor drain. If you want to know if the location will complement your bathroom drain, check the technical drawing before the purchase.
Overall, this shower pan is easy to maintain, quick to install, and offers superior performance. If you are looking for a unit that eliminates flexing of the shower base, consider buying this product.
What We Like
- Available in white color for a stunning look
- The multi-design layer for added strength
- Durable as its base does not flex
- The scratch-resistant surface
- Comes in multiple sizes
What We Don’t Like
- Its drain location may not suit all bathrooms
- Abrasive to some cleaning solutions
- Requires mortar to install
- Model Size: 32 in. D x 32 in. W x 2 3/4 in. H
- Base Type: Double Threshold (2-Wall Corner)
- Drain Location: Corner (See technical drawing for exact location); Color: White
Best Shower Pan for the Money: DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1134602
The DreamLine SlimLine DLT-1134602 is a single threshold shower base that features a modern look and a low-profile design. It’s available in three colors; white, black, and biscuit. However, many people prefer the white option as it looks clean and sophisticated.
One incredible thing that sets this base apart from its rivals is its high glossy acrylic finish reinforced with fiberglass. These materials are robust and give your shower pan the added durability. The installation is done to the studs directly.
However, you may have to look for a professional to help you complete the installation. The glossy acrylic finish makes maintaining and cleaning your bathroom floor an easy task. It also prevents your floor from stains.
Additionally, this product also offers unmatched performance as it is long-lasting and does not flex. You can also integrate the DreamLine shower pan with other bathroom accessories, even from different brands.
Moreover, its scratch-resistance surface means you won’t have to worry about accidentally damaging it. If you are concerned about safety, the upper acrylic layer features a textured surface that provides the grip needed to prevent slipping.
This single threshold shower pan has a right drain base. However, the right and left drain bases are also available to give you the option to choose the style that fits your floor drain. We recommend getting this unit if you want a pan that requires low-maintenance.
What We Like
- Comes in different colors to compliment your bathroom décor
- Has a modern look and a low-profile design
- Its SlipGrip texture that prevents slipping
- Integrates with other bathroom accessories
- Its high gloss acrylic finish
What We Don’t Like
- Installation requires a professional
- The drain comes separately
- Does not drain well
- Model Size: 34 in. D x 60 in. W x 2 3/4 in. H
- Base Type: Single Threshold (3-Wall Alcove)
- Drain Location: Right (See technical drawing for exact location); Color: White
Best Cheap Shower Pan: Proflo PFSB3434WH
The Proflo PFSB3434WH shower pan functions flawlessly and will allow you to create a custom look in your shower as you can use it in your custom shower project or with a shower enclosure when installing your shower.
This product also boasts of high-quality design that’s factory tested before it’s delivered to customers. This shower base is also a freestanding unit that doesn’t need any additional support by another structure, which makes it easy to install.
Once installed, it performs efficiently and will serve you well. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about blockages since the drain is in the center. This prevents water from leaking and spilling on the floor, which can cause you to fall. It also provides extra comfort while bathing.
The drain outlet also makes drawing water off when bathing an easy task. This is very helpful when you are cleaning as it prevents watermarks from forming on the shower pan. The base is also robust as it consists of durable materials.
Additionally, the Proflo shower pan comes with a non-porous surface that makes it resistant to stains and shock. This rectangular base also has a slip-resistant surface that prevents you from accidentally slipping when showering.
While this shower pan has a reasonably low price, you don’t have to worry about the quality as its performance is excellent. Overall, this base is a perfect option if you want a custom shower project or intend to use it for shower installation.
What We Like
- A freestanding unit that does not require support
- The drain outlet makes drawing water off easy
- Can be used in custom shower project
- The non-porous and slip-resistant surface
- Solid construction
What We Don’t Like
- Its design may not be ideal for everyone
- You need some extra strength to push the drain pipes
- The size is not as advertised
- All Proflo products are factory tested before disbursement - 100% guaranteed to function flawlessly
- These bases may be used in a custom shower project or combined with a shower enclosure for a...
- Drain is located in the center of the shower pan
Best All-Purpose Shower Pan: Tile Redi T3660C
The Tile Redi T3660C is another excellent choice to consider when looking for a shower pan. You can use this highly-priced unit to renovate your bathroom without experiencing any difficulties. It is also available in different finish colors to give you several options to choose from.
The colors include polished chrome, tileable grate, and brushed nickel colors. What we like most about the finish colors is that all of them have integrated splash and curb walls, are pre-pitched and also leak-proof.
Additionally, you can customize the style of your bathroom since all the three finishes are ready to tile. They also have stainless steel drain gates that are ideal for covering the waste waterway. In terms of size, this shower pan is available in numerous sizes.
This gives you enough choices to pick from so that you find a unit that is ideal for your bathroom. Although this product is a center drain pan, it is also available in other drain styles such as center designer grate, center tileable top gate, and center square tileable grate.
If you are searching for a shower base that has everything included in one shower kit, the Tile Redi product is a great option. Apart from the shower pan, it also comes with a wonder fall grate, as well as, an epoxy and flashing adhesive that makes the setup process easier.
To install, measure the width and depth of your bathroom. Next, check the location of your drain pipes, and then buy the size that fits the space. Once you have installed, add your favorite tiles to give your showering space a custom look.
What We Like
- The finish colors have integrated splash and curb walls
- Available in different sizes to suit your shower space
- The stainless steel drain grates
- Comes in different finish colors
- Available in multiple drain styles
What We Don’t Like
- The base is too light and flimsy
- Unclear installation instructions
- Not pocket-friendly
- ALL-IN-ONE SHOWER SOLUTION: One-piece, leak-proof, pre-pitched shower pan with integrated curb and...
- READY TO TILE: Install tile directly on shower pan surface to customize base to the look and feel of...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Includes Redi Flashing and Redi Poxy epoxy adhesive for quick self-installation
Best Shower Pan with Center Drain: Bestbath Shower Base
The Bestbath Shower Pan will give you ample space to ensure you have a great showering experience as it measures 30 inches wide. It boasts of a slip-resistant surface to make you feel safe when entering and leaving your shower.
This product’s design uses a combination of reinforced gel coating and fiberglass to make it long-lasting and light to handle when installing. The gel makes cleaning and maintaining this pan an easy task.
Additionally, its stain and scratch-resistant surface will ensure the shower pan serves you for a long period. You can set it up easily as it comes with a built-in tile flange and allows for three-wall alcove installation.
One great thing worth mentioning is that you don’t require mortar for the setup process. Moreover, this single threshold shower pan has a textured finish on the upper surface to improve gripping. In turn, this ensures you have a slip-resistant floor that is safe for use.
You can use the Best Bath shower pan in an RV shower, small bathrooms, or a container home. You won’t also spend extra money as you can use it with your other bathroom accessories and add a trendy look in your showering space.
Other notable features include availability in white color, a brass compression drain that you can use as an accessory and a center drain for water removal. Its high price is the only thing you may need to consider before making the purchase.
What We Like
- Its 30 inches width provides enough showering space
- The integrated tile flange to make installation easy
- Allows for three-wall alcove installation
- Built with high-quality materials
- Does not require mortar for set up
What We Don’t Like
- Unsuitable for large bathrooms
- Only available in one color
- Shower base dimensions: 30" x 30" deep with a 4" high threshold. Outside dimensions: 30" wide and...
- Craftsman made shower base with stain resistant gelcoat and slip-resistant textured floor for safe...
- One-piece pan built with reinforced gelcoat and fiberglass for durability and a watertight seal.
Shower Pan Features and Considerations
A good drainage system with great features will keep your showering space hygienic and also dry. These are some the features you need to consider when looking for the bests shower pan for you:
The lifespan of your shower base will depend on the materials used to design it. Here are some common materials you should consider:
- Steel Shower Pans: These units are a perfect choice for homeowners that are worried about stains as they are stain-resistant. However, these bases are not durable.
- Acrylic Shower Pans: Many people prefer this material because it lasts longer. It’s also easy to clean and maintain.
- Ceramic Shower Pans: These shower bases will give your bathroom a stunning look. They also require low-maintenance.
Maintenance and Cleaning
When choosing your shower pan, ensure it is easy to clean and maintain. Also, check if it’s scratch and rust-resistant. A unit that requires low-maintenance will save you money spent on repairs.
It’s also crucial to consider whether you can replace or install the shower base without requiring the help of a professional. A good pan should be easy to set up to avoid damaging the floor.
The model you want to buy should also be waterproof to prevent water from flooding on the surface after bathing. Excess water can also result in watermark buildup, which is hard to clean. To avoid dealing with such issues, go for waterproof shower pans.
Shower bases are available in different styles such as a double and single threshold. So, if you like a classy look, choose a unit that compliments all your bathroom accessories. If you prefer an elegant look, go for vibrant colors that will brighten up your bathroom.
When choosing your shower pan, ensure it is stain and scratch-resistant, easy to maintain, and is robust. You should also check if it’s easy to install without requiring a professional and also consider its size.
We hope our guide will help you select a product that has the features that matter to you. All that is now left is to pick the shower base that is ideal for you.