As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for a steam mop to get your laminate floors looking fresh and shiny?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, you’ll find everything you need to know about the best steam mops for laminate floors on the market.
Read on to find out more.
- Top Laminate Floor Steam Mops
- Laminate Steam Mop Features to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top Laminate Floor Steam Mops
Here are the top five mops available to use on laminate floors.
Best Laminate Floor Steam Mop: Schenely Cleaner
If you’re aiming at an all-around mop that leaves nothing to chance, look no further than the Schenley Steam Mop Cleaner.
When it comes to the Schenley Steam Mop Cleaner, convenience is its middle name.
This steam mop is ready to work on your laminate floors within 15 seconds of turning it on, saving you tons of time.
It’s also the only cordless steam mop on this list, allowing you to move around your entire house and clean easily with the powerful 248℉ steam.
- Dimensions: 17.1 x 3.5 x 5.5 inches
- Tank capacity: 8.5 oz
- Weight: 2.92 lbs
- Cord Length: N/A
If you want to tone down the steam when cleaning specific areas of your floor, you can easily do so by using the three steam power settings on the mop handle.
Additionally, this mop has an ultra-lightweight design. In fact, it’s the second lightest mop on this list, second only to the PurSteam ThermaPro. That, combined with its comfortable, ergonomically designed handle, makes cleaning your floors a breeze.
Last but not least, this product comes with a detachable steam cleaner that can be used on all kinds of surfaces, including countertops and mirrors.
- A great cordless mop design that’s highly convenient for moving around the house.
- Produces steam at blazing speeds, saving you a lot of time.
- Comes with a detachable steam cleaner that can work on various surfaces.
- Tank capacity is rather low, so it may have to be refilled often when cleaning.
- [Strong Cleaning Power] Schenley Hestia Steam Mop is sure to be an indispensable tool in any...
- [Long Steaming Time] The sleek and streamlined design allows for effective use of high temperatures...
- [All-in-One Steam Mop] 13 accessories included to meet most indoor scenarios. Other than hardwood or...
- [Instant Heating] Simply add tap water to the floor steamer, and it will be ready in just 15...
Best Value Laminate Floor Steam Mop: Bissell PowerFresh
The Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop will get you the most out of every dollar you spend on it.
Not only is the Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop great for cleaning laminate floors, but it’s also a jack of all trades that you can use for many applications.
This mop comes with many accessories, including a bristle scrub brush for cleaning all kinds of surfaces around your house, a flat scraper tool for removing that pesky grime on your stove and countertop, and a clothes steamer tool.
All in all, it comes with nine useful extensions that can be attached to the mop’s handle.
- Dimensions: 14 x 9.5 x 46.5 inches
- Tank capacity: 12 oz
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Cord Length: 25 feet
Additionally, this product saves you a lot of time with its high-speed steam production. When you turn this device on, you’ll be ready to start cleaning laminate, marble, or hardwood floors in 30 seconds.
This product also offers excellent mobility, thanks to its top-of-its-class cord length of 25 feet, as well as its swivel-enabled mop head.
The only concern with the Bissel Powerfresh is that its tank capacity leaves much to be desired. In fact, it has the smallest tank capacity of any mop on this list. This can be a hassle because you’ll have to stop cleaning and refill the tank more often than you’d like.
- Comes with nine handy accessories with a wide variety of uses.
- Produces steam in just 30 seconds, saving you a lot of waiting time.
- 25-foot cord and swivel mop head make for excellent maneuverability.
- No designated place for the cord, causing it to tangle when the device isn’t in use.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its...
- Powerful handheld steam cleaner and steam mop in one
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; eliminate 99. 9 percent of...
- Superior clean above floors with the extension tube and extra-long 25 ft power cord to reach those...
Best Budget Steam Mop for Laminate: MiKoSoRu
Are you searching for an excellent steam mop that won’t break the bank? If you are, the MiKoSoRu Steam Mop is the one for you.
This affordable steam mop is equipped with various great features you wouldn’t usually find at this price point.
It boasts a fully ergonomic handle, which makes it comfortable to hold and makes extended use less of a chore. The handle also features a steam control button with three steam settings, giving you complete control over your cleaning.
The water tank capacity is larger than the Bissel Powerfresh, which is a bonus considering the price difference.
- Dimensions: 12.04 x 5.35 x 24.84 inches
- Tank capacity: 15.2 oz
- Weight: 6.7 lbs
- Cord Length: 17 feet
The MiKoSoRu also comes with two mop pads that are fully machine-washable, giving you the ability to use each one of them for months before having to replace it.
As for this product’s mop head, it offers a great range of motion both vertically and horizontally. The fact that the mop head is rotatable allows you to access corners and hard-to-reach places with ease. The maneuverability of this mop is also boosted by its massive 17-foot power cord.
Another nifty feature this mop offers is its automatic standby capability. It stops releasing steam when it’s in a vertical position, allowing you to pause your cleaning and attend to something else instantly. This feature isn’t present in some of the more expensive products on this list.
- Comfortable ergonomic handle that makes cleaning less of a hassle.
- Fully machine-washable and reusable mop pads.
- The automatic standby feature and steam setting buttons give you total control over steam.
- The mop head can be a bit large to fit into extra-tight spaces.
Most Robust Steam Mop for Laminate: Shark Pocket
If you live in a large household with many laminate-floored areas to cover, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better option than the Shark Steam Pocket Mop.
The key feature of the Shark Steam Pocket Mop is the two double-sided, reusable mop pads that come with it.
When steam mopping your laminate floors, you can flip the mop pad over when you feel that one side has gotten too dirty. This allows you to cover large flooring areas without stopping and replacing the mop pad.
This product is also incredibly lightweight. At only 4.9 lbs, it’s the second lightest of all the steam mops on this list. This, as well as the long 18-foot power cord, makes it a breeze to move around a large house with.
- Dimensions: 51.2 x 12 x 5.9 inches
- Tank capacity: 15.2 oz
- Weight: 4.9 lbs
- Cord Length: 18 feet
If you’re worried about the cord getting tangled up with other appliances in your storage, there’s no need. This device has a quick-release cord wrapping system that makes storing the cord a piece of cake, which is more than we can say about the Bissel Powerfresh, for example.
As for this product’s steam output, it’s lightning-fast at heating up the contents of the water tank and will have you ready to clean within 30 seconds of plugging it in.
The Shark Steam Pocket Mop also features a pump-action steam release system. This allows you to pump out extra steam on a particular area of your floor that may need a more thorough cleaning.
- Double-sided, reusable mop pads are perfect for cleaning large areas.
- A long, easy-to-store cord makes it easy to move around the house with the mop.
- Fast steam production means less waiting time before you’re ready to clean.
- Not the best option for cleaning tough messes and dirt.
- The Shark Steam Pocket Mop turns ordinary water into super-heated steam to remove everyday dirt and...
- Powerful steam on demand - natural mopping motion delivers super-heated steam in just 30 seconds,...
- 99.9% sanitization against germs and bacteria
- 2 washable microfiber pads lift and lock in dirt - no more messy mops and heavy buckets
Most Versatile Mop for Laminate: PurSteam 10-in-1 ThermaPro
The PurSteam 10-in-1 ThermaPro is the way to go if you want a product that will thoroughly clean laminate floors and almost every other surface type in your home.
Who said that a steam mop only has to have one function? The Pursteam ThermaPro absolutely destroys this myth with a whopping number of 10 uses.
This product comes with a plethora of accessories, allowing you to steam clean laminate floors, carpets, mirrors, tables and countertops, and even clothes.
- Dimensions: 8.07 x 9.45 x 23.94 inches
- Tank capacity: 12.8 oz
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Cord Length: 16 feet
Its wide variety of uses can be attributed to its steam control settings, which allow you to cater the mop to the material you’re currently using it on.
Coming in at a feathery weight of 2.2 lbs, this mop is the lightest one on this list. This makes it easy and comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
- Wide variety of functions, including carpet, glass surfaces, and clothes steaming.
- Incredibly lightweight design makes cleaning more comfortable.
- Has three steam settings, giving you complete control over the mop.
- The tank size is a bit small, so you may have to stop and refill more often than you’d like.
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you...
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the...
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific...
- Multifunctional Household Tool - Safe to use on any surface you want to clean: hardwood floors,...
Laminate Steam Mop Features to Consider
Here are 3 of the essential features to look out for when choosing a mop for laminate floors.
Steam Control Settings
The MOST important feature you need to keep in mind when buying a steam mop is the level of control it gives you over the steam it produces.
You ALWAYS want to use a low steam setting on laminate flooring. Never ever mop your floors on a high steam setting, as this can damage them.
Depending on how often you clean your laminate floor, your laminate floor isn’t going to be equally dirty in all areas, and you’ll find yourself wanting to increase or reduce the steam when cleaning different areas of your floor. Therefore, you’re better off buying a steam mop that gives you this ability.
Other steam control settings include automatic standby features, which allow you to cut off the steam being produced by the mop when you need to attend to something else.
A key feature you should be on the lookout for when deciding whether or not to buy a certain steam mop is its tank size.
This is highly important because it’s the primary determining factor when it comes to how long you can continuously use a steam mop without stopping, refilling the tank, and waiting for it to reheat.
A steam mop with a small tank can get pretty cumbersome, especially if you have large areas of laminate floor in your house that need cleaning. Aim for tanks with a capacity of 15 ounces or more.
Accessories and Attachments
Just because you’re buying a steam mop for the purpose of cleaning your laminate floors doesn’t mean that this has to be all your mop can do.
There are a lot of steam mops on the market that come with additional accessories with a wide variety of functions. Some examples of these accessories are scrubbing brushes, flat scrapers, and clothes steamers.
Buying a steam mop with these features can eliminate the need for you to spend your money on other cleaning appliances.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions.
Is It Safe to Use a Steam Mop on Laminate Floors?
In order to answer this question, you must first know what laminate floors are made of. Laminate floors are crafted from a variety of different layers, including fiberboard, wood composites, and resin topping. These layers don’t prefer moisture and are susceptible to warping if exposed to too much of it.
However, using steam mops on laminate floors is safe as long as you do it the right way. Try to use a low steam setting to avoid exposing your laminate floor to too much moisture.
Are Steam Mops a Healthier Cleaning Option?
When you consider the alternative, which is using chemical cleaning products, steam mops are definitely a healthier, more sustainable cleaning tool. They only use water and hot steam to clean your floors. They do so effectively, sanitizing your floors from 99% of all dirt and bacteria.
So, what’s the best steam mop for laminate floors?
If you want the best all-around option, you’ll want to go for the Schenley Steam Mop Cleaner.
On the other hand, if you’re in search of a steam mop that won’t break the bank, your best bet is the MiKoSoRu Steam Mop.
Finally, if you’re aiming at a jack of all trades, either the PurSteam 10-in-1 ThermaPro or the Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop will fit your needs perfectly.