If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Traditional mops tend to leave behind a residue when they’re cleaning vinyl floors. On the other hand, the best steam mop for vinyl floors uses steam to loosen up and get rid of stubborn stains, grime, and dirt. However, not all steam mops are suitable for cleaning vinyl floors.
While some struggle to remove stains on your floor effectively, others won’t give you the results you desire. In this article, you will learn about the best steam mop for vinyl floors along with an informative guide that will help you know what to look for when choosing a steam mop to clean vinyl floors.
- Our Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Reviews
- Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Overall: Bissell Spinwave 2039A
- Best Steam Mop for the Money: ThermaPro Steam Cleaner
- Best Cheap Soap for Mopping Wood Floors: Shark Steam Pocket Mop-S3501
- Best Steam Lightweight Mop for Vinyl Floors: Bissell PowerFresh
- Best Steam Multi-functional Mop for Vinyl Floors: Light ‘N’ Easy 7388ANW
- Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Features & Considerations
- Wrap Up
Our Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Reviews
Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Overall: Bissell Spinwave 2039A
The Bissell Spinwave 2039A is a robust cleaning device that is gentle on floors. This steam mop is safe to use on tile floor, laminate floors, sealed floors, and vinyl floors. It’s also ideal for noise-sensitive users as it delivers powerful floor cleaning performance without producing noise. The built-in swivel steering allows for maneuverability in inaccessible places.
This best steam floor cleaner also comes with a set of soft-touch and reusable scrubby microfiber pads. The soft-touch pads will help you clean hardwood and hard floor, sealed and delicate floors gently while the scrubby pads will allow you to clean sticky messes on your floor.
The microfiber pads boast of the counter-rotating function that ensures you don’t use your hands to scrub the vinyl floor while kneeling. The pads will scrub your hard floor and hardwood floors and also clean them without much effort.
Although the Bissell steam mop is one of our best steam mops and a great cleaning product for your vinyl floor, it has some drawbacks. Some users complain that its power is weak on stubborn sticky floor messes.
Also, the counter-rotating pads have no speed options. This means you will not be able to control the speed of the pads. Other customers have also noticed that the multi-surface solution offered by Bissell sometimes leaves a residue on your floor. Otherwise, Spinwave steam mop is an incredible floor cleaning device and one of our best steam mops that clean vinyl floors effectively.
What We Like
- The counter-rotating function
- Cleans a variety of surfaces
- Set of microfiber pads
- Quiet operation
What We Don’t Like
- Sometimes solution leaves a residue on your floor
- Unsuitable for tough, sticky floor messes
- No speed options
- Powered hard floor mop scrubs your floors so you don't have to
- Safe for cleaning sealed, hard surface floors; 28 ounce clean water tank capacity. Power rating :...
- Includes soft touch pads for gentle cleaning on hardwood floors and scrubby pads for tough, sticky...
Best Steam Mop for the Money: ThermaPro Steam Cleaner
The ThermaPro Cleaner is one of the best steam mops you should consider to clean your vinyl floor. One advantage of using this steam mop on your vinyl floor is that you can convert it into a handheld steamer and use it for above floor deep cleaning. It also removes all stains on your vinyl floor in a short period and has zero tolerance for dirt.
When it comes to the safety of your children and pets, this product doesn’t use harsh chemicals. It makes use of steam, which heats up in 30 seconds to kill germs on your vinyl floor. Additionally, the special surface scrubber it comes with provides versatile floor cleaning to ensure you clean your house from top to bottom.
The ThermaPro floor cleaner also features a flexible hose to allow you to cover larger areas of your vinyl floor and clean your entire house effortlessly and quickly. There are also three adjustable settings to allow you to use the level of steam suitable for your needs.
The cleaner’s 340 millimeters water tank will give you 12 minutes of steaming on the maximum setting and up to 25 minutes on the lowest setting. Another good thing about this steam mop is that it only uses tap water to steam off the dirt from your vinyl floor. This eliminates the need to look for costly detergents.
What We Like
- Can turn into a handheld device
- Removes floor stains in a short period
- Doesn’t use harmful chemicals
- Has zero-tolerance for dirt
- Provides versatile floor cleaning
What We Don’t Like
- Sometimes struggles to glide on hardwood and hard flooring
- Vague written instructions
- Small water tank
- CLEANS LITERALLY EVERYTHING! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of the ThermaPro 10-in-1 Steam...
- CHILD & PET SAFE - PROVIDES 99.99% SANITATION WITH NO HARSH CHEMICALS! Super-heated steam is ready...
- LIGHT AND MANEUVERABLE. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific...
Best Cheap Soap for Mopping Wood Floors: Shark Steam Pocket Mop-S3501
If you are searching for a steam mop for vinyl floor that is easy to use, lightweight, and packs a lot of power, the Shark Steam Cleaner Pocket Mop-S3501 steam mop is an excellent product you may want to use on your floor. Like the ThermaPro Cleaner, this steam mop also doesn’t use harmful ingredients, making these steam mops safe for use. Additionally, you can use this steam mop on vinyl floors and bare floors like linoleum, hardwood, hard floor, and tile.
These steam mops use steamed water to deep clean your vinyl floor and remove up to 99.9% of germs effectively. The Shark steam mop floor also has two-sided microfiber pads. This means you won’t have to stop and change the mop pad when one side gets dirty. You will only have to flip the steam head and continue mopping your vinyl floor.
Other incredible features of the Shark steam mop worth mentioning include the long power cord and the swivel steering. They will allow you to maneuver around fixtures on your vinyl floor and furniture easily as well as other tight spaces.
Unlike traditional mops that require a lot of time before the vinyl floor can dry up totally, the S3501 steam mops use hot steam that dries up shortly. The only major issue of these steam mops is its 220 millimeters water tank capacity, which some users find small.
What We Like
- Swivel steering for maneuverability
- No harmful ingredients
- Removes 99.9% of germs
- Two-sided microfiber pads
- Long power cord
What We Don’t Like
- Small water tank
- No steam options
- Flimsy parts
- Clean and sanitize with both sides
- Steam on demand
- 99.9% sanitization
Best Steam Lightweight Mop for Vinyl Floors: Bissell PowerFresh
The Bissell PowerFresh steam mop comes with amazing features that make it perfect to clean vinyl floors. You can also use this model on other surfaces in your house such as marble, linoleum, ceramic and granite surfaces, not only vinyl floor.
Additionally, it comes with fragrance discs to make your house smell fresh. The steam mop also doesn’t use chemicals, making it safe for your children and pets. It features three levels of steam to allow you to choose the setting that is ideal for your needs.
Moreover, this steam mop kills up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria using steam. We also like the flip down rubber that will give you a way to clean dried and sticky messes with ease. The Bissell Powerfresh is also easy to use and light to steer to allow you to complete your tasks quickly.
Overall, the Bissell PowerFresh model is an effective steam mop to clean the toughest messes on luxury vinyl floors. If you want to use a steam mop that gets rid of bacteria and other debris from your surfaces without struggling, consider adding this product to clean your appliances.
What We Like
- Ideal to deep clean vinyl floors
- You can clean other surfaces
- The included fragrance discs
- The three levels of steam
- Does not use chemicals
What We Don’t Like
- Some attachments are not durable
- Unsupportive customer service
- Inconsistent steam settings
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99; 9 percent...
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam...
Best Steam Multi-functional Mop for Vinyl Floors: Light ‘N’ Easy 7388ANW
The Light 'N' Easy 7388ANW mop is one of the most sought-after and best steam cleaners in the market due to its incredible features. When you plug it in, it begins heating immediately and gets ready to go in just 30 seconds. Once the steam mop is ready, a digital light indicator will stop blinking.
Its high-temperature steam power will give you an impressive performance. The Light ‘N’ Easy steam mop is also easy to use on luxury vinyl floors and other surfaces. Additionally, this vacuum cleaner can remove up to 99.9% of bacteria and germs in your house without using dangerous chemicals.
Moving around this steam cleaner is also a breeze as it has a swiveling mop head that won’t require you to exert a lot of physical effort. Although Light ‘N’ Easy is a sturdy steam mop, it also has some drawbacks. First, you will have to keep refilling the water tank since its capacity is small.
Moreover, refilling the tank of the Light ‘N’ Easy is difficult, which some users don’t like. Its 20-feet power cord is also short. Despite these minor flaws, this is one of the best steam cleaners that will help you deep clean and remove stubborn stains in different spots of your house effortlessly.
What We Like
- The digital light indicator that alerts users when the mop is ready
- Its high-temperature steam power
- Removes up to 99.9% of bacteria
- Gets ready in just 30 seconds
- Lightweight design
What We Don’t Like
- Difficult to refill the water tank
- Small tank capacity
- Short power cord
- Unique square steam mop easily swivel steering and maneuver around corners & edges for a quick clean
- Steam is released at the touch of a button, which is easy to operate. It takes about 20 seconds to...
- The 212-degree F heat effectively eliminates dirt and sticky messes, Only needs tap water, safe for...
Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Features & Considerations
Searching for the right steam mop can be time-consuming due to the different options available. However, the appropriate mop that will suit you depends on your needs. To help you select a good mop, we have put together essential features that you should check when looking for the best steam mop for vinyl floors:
Type of Steam Mop
You can use a steam mop to vacuum a wide range of floors, including vinyl floors and hard floors. We have highlighted the three main types you will find in the market to help you use a steam mop that suits your needs best.
- Handheld Steam Mop: Handheld floor mops are compact, portable, and affordable. Their lightweight design makes them easy to work with and store after use. If you need to clean small stains on your floor or carpets, windows and difficult to reach places, use a steam mop of this type. However, this type of cleaner is not ideal for large floor areas and don’t deliver the same level of performance as their larger counterparts.
- Upright Steam Mop: These types of mops are lightweight, easy to use and to handle, and comes with a water tank attached to the handle. Upright mops are also effective at floor cleaning and sanitizing vinyl floors and hard floors. One major issue with this cleaner is their inability to clean tight floor spaces due to their design. They may also require special accessories for cleaning carpets.
- Cylinder Steam Mop: This type of cleaner is the most expensive and difficult to use to clean vinyl floors as they are bulky. Additionally, they come with large water to allow you to finish larger cleaning tasks without worrying about refilling them. Cylinder mops are also versatile as they have different accessories for vacuuming different surfaces.
Tip: Make sure you know whether you want a wet mop or a steam mop cleaner. If you prefer the primary, take a look at our wet mop for vinyl floors reviews!
Water Tank Capacity
The capacity of water tanks ranges from 250 millimeters to more than one liter and take between 20 seconds to 4 minutes to heat up. When ready, some mops will give you nine minutes of vacuuming, while others will last more than 30 minutes. We recommend a tank with more than 250 millimeters capacity. This will minimize the number of times you will have to refill the tank and increase the steaming time.
Steam mops that produce hot vapor continuously are not safe for vinyl floors. As such, a model with adjustable steam control will suffice. While shopping, look for models with a trigger button or touch/dial controls.
This feature will allow you to customize your cleaning. For instance, you can use a high setting to remove stubborn messes and a low setting for light-duty tasks. Units with automatic steam control are also ideal.
A model that you can move around and navigate effortlessly will make your work easier and enjoyable. For this reason, choose a model that can swivel 360 degrees to make accessing tight spaces easy. Also, get a unit that comes with a long power cord to make navigating under or around furniture and cleaning vinyl floors a breeze.
An ergonomic handle is another thing you should look for as it won’t slip off your hand. Ensure the handle has controls for customizing vapor release, especially when vacuuming difficult to reach areas.
This is another essential factor to check since the ability of your steam mop to clean effectively changes by how hot it gets. Steam mops with higher temperatures are ideal for use as they provide deep cleaning performance and kill bacteria and germs effectively. However, these steam mops cost more than standard models.
Steam mops for vinyl plank flooring feature different cleaning mechanisms. So, before making the purchase, decide on the mechanism that suits your cleaning needs. Here are the major types you will come across while shopping for your model.
- Steam Generating Mop Mechanism: Steam mops with this mechanism are perfect for removing germ buildup and other debris from your vinyl floors as they are the best weapon against stubborn stains.
- Head and Handle Mechanism: Any vinyl flooring steam cleaner that feature this mechanism do not use chemicals. They also have a handle that swivels and a simple mop head with fibre.
- Vacuum Cleaning Mops: Models with this mechanism have a vacuum steam cleaner embedded into the mop.
- Head and Handle with Sprayer Mechanism: These vinyl flooring steam cleaners are an upgrade of the second type of steam mops. However, they have a chemical sprayer for storing and spraying the cleaning solution when you press the trigger.
Quantity of Steam
When looking for your steam cleaner for your vinyl floors, it is important to note that the amount of steam your steam mop can produce depends on how hot the mop can get when it’s turned on. Nowadays, most steam mops come with a steam level functionality to help you make sure the steam generated remains consistent.
This means your mop will only generate more steam cleaning pressure if the temperature is high. For this reason, you should only pick models that can produce consistent steam quantity. This is very crucial since some models cannot maintain the level of pressure and temperature consistently, resulting in poor cleaning performance.
Washable Mop Pads
Since you will be cleaning your vinyl floors with the same mop for months, you should ensure the fabric that your mop has is machine washable. We recommend looking for models that are shipped with at least two or even more mop pads.
This will come in handy as you will be able to continue your cleaning tasks with the remaining mop while the other one dries up. The type of your cleaning mop pads should also be considered as you will be able to swap over when cleaning different surfaces.
For instance, microfiber is a great mop that allows for rigorous cleaning of multiple surfaces including vinyl plank floors. The pad is more effective as it can absorb up to 50% more dirt compared to mop pads with cotton loops.
You can also use microfiber several times. That way, you will save money because you won’t keep buying new pads every time you want to clean. Other pads can mop delicate surfaces and others for scrubbing tough stains.
Cleaning Pads Size
It’s also important to consider the size of the cleaning pads. Wider cleaning pads are ideal when you have a large surface of vinyl floors to clean. Additionally, they will enable you to complete your cleaning tasks within a short period as they are less time-consuming.
Mop pads with adjustable cleaning heads are also an excellent choice because they make cleaning easier. These mop pads will allow you to adjust the mop head depending on the different areas you will be cleaning.
Weight and Size
These are some of the most essential buying factors because you will be moving your cleaning mop to different rooms regularly. As such, you should choose a steam cleaner that you can easily carry around your vinyl floors without straining.
When it comes to size, a compact steam mop for your vinyl floors is an excellent choice for cleaning difficult to reach areas in your home such as under the furniture and small corners.
Power Cord Length
It should be long enough to enable you to move around freely around your vinyl floors. A long power cord will also allow you to cover a large area of your vinyl floors while cleaning as it won’t restrict your movement.
The amount of time your warm water takes to boil before you start cleaning your vinyl floors is also crucial. However, this will depend on the quantity of steam that your steam cleaner generates. That said, models with heat times that range from 20 to 30 seconds such as the Light ‘N’ Easy steam cleaner are ideal.
The materials used to design your vinyl floor steamer will determine the duration you can use the vinyl floors cleaner. That said, you should avoid mop handles built with plastics because they are prone to breaking down while you clean your vinyl floors. We recommend handles designed with aluminium alloy as they are durable.
Amount of Cleaning Solution
Not all steam cleaners for vinyl floors require the same amount of cleaning solution. Some use a small amount while others require a large amount, resulting in wastage. Due to this, you should opt for those models that only use a minimal amount.
Features and Accessories
Some steam cleaners for vinyl floors come with certain features and accessories to enhance the cleaning process. Here is a list of the essential features and attachments you should look out for before buying your mop:
- Carpet Glider: This is an incredible attachment that you can use when removing light stains on your carpet. However, this means you will have to look for a heavy-duty steam mop when you want to clean tough stains.
- Empty Light Indicator: Some models come with this attachment to alert you when the water tank is almost empty so that you can refill.
- Steam Ready Indicator: This is another remarkable feature that will let you know when your steam cleaner has heated up and is ready for use.
- Pad Rest: This accessory will allow you to rest your mop in case you take a small break to take a glass of water. Your mop can sit on it without damaging your vinyl plank floor.
- Swivel Head: Steam mops with this feature will enable you to maneuver in tight spaces easily when cleaning.
- A Telescopic Wand: This functionality is ideal if you have back problems because you won’t have to bend while cleaning. You will only have to adjust the wand depending on your height.
Steam mops are great for deep cleaning your vinyl floors as they kill bacteria and germs effectively using high-temperature vapor. Also, the right steam mop will help you clean a wide variety of floors, including vinyl floors. We recommend any of the mops we have reviewed because they offer high-performance and are suitable for vinyl floors.