As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Traditional mops tend to leave behind a residue when they’re cleaning vinyl floors. On the other hand, the best steam mop for vinyl floors uses steam to loosen up and get rid of stubborn stains, grime, and dirt. However, not all steam mops are suitable for cleaning vinyl floors.
First, though, lets address the elephant in the room. Yes, you can use steam to clean vinyl floors, but you have to be careful. Use a low heat setting and not much water when steam cleaning. Provided you have the right steam mop, then you can quickly clean your vinyl floors. Read on for the top options!
- Our Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Reviews
- Best All Around: Bissell Spinwave Expert Hard Floor Spin Mop
- Most Versatile: ThermaPro Steam Cleaner
- Best Budget: Shark Steam Pocket Mop
- Best for Ceramic Tile: Bissell PowerFresh Steaming Mop
- Most Versatile: Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Cleaner
- Best Multipurpose Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors: Bissell Symphony Vacuum and Steam Mop 1132
- Best Vinyl Floor Steam Mop for Speed: Shark Steam & Scrub S7001 Steam Mop
- Best Reusable Vinyl Floor Steam Mop: Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop S3973D
- Best Designed Vinyl Floor Steam Mop: Polti Vaporetto Smart 100 Steam Cleaner and Mop PTNA0022
- Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Features
- How to Use a Steamer Mop on Vinyl Floors
- Why You Should Buy a Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors
- Advantages of Steam Mops Over Regular Mops
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrap Up
Our Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Reviews
Best All Around: Bissell Spinwave Expert Hard Floor Spin Mop
The Bissell Spinwave Spin Mop is a robust cleaning tool for people who want to use a steam cleaner that is gentle on vinyl floors. This steam mop is safe to use on laminate floors and tile floors, sealed floors, and vinyl floors. It’s also ideal for noise-sensitive people as it delivers powerful floor steam cleaning performance without producing noise. The built-in swivel steering allows for maneuverability in inaccessible places while cleaning vinyl plank flooring.
This top rated steam floor cleaner also comes with a set of soft-touch and reusable scrubby microfiber pads. The soft-touch pads will help you clean hardwood and hard floor, sealed and delicate floors gently while the scrubby pads will allow you to clean sticky messes on your floor.
The microfiber pads boast of the counter-rotating function that ensures you don’t use your hands to scrub the vinyl floor while kneeling. The pads will scrub your hard floor and sealed hardwood floors and also vinyl plank flooring without much effort.
Although the Bissell steam mop is one of our best steam mops and a great cleaning product for your vinyl plank flooring, it has some drawbacks.
The counter-rotating pads have no speed options to clean your vinyl plank flooring. This means you will not be able to control the speed of the pads on this steam mop on your vinyl plank flooring.
The multi-surface solution offered by Bissell sometimes leaves a residue on your vinyl plank flooring.
Other than that, this Spinwave steam mop is an incredible floor cleaning device and one of the best steam mops for vinyl flooring. This is the model we own, and love it.
What We Like
- The counter-rotating function
- Suitable for laminate floors and tile floors
- Cleans a variety of surfaces
- Set of microfiber pads
- Quiet operation
What We Don’t Like
- Sometimes solution leaves a residue on your floor
- Unsuitable for tough, sticky floor messes
- No speed options
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports the BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to...
- Powerful Spinning Mop Pads. Restore your floor's natural shine with rotating mop pads that do the...
- Safe On Sealed Hard Floors. Powers through tough, sticky messes on wood, tile, linoleum, and other...
- On-demand Spray. Control how much solution goes on the floor while cleaning.
Most Versatile: ThermaPro Steam Cleaner
The ThermaPro Cleaner is one of the best steam mops you should consider to clean your vinyl plank flooring. One advantage of using this steam mop on your vinyl floor is that you can convert this viny flooring cleaner into a handheld floor steamer and use the floor cleaner for above floor deep cleaning.
This floor cleaner also removes all stains on your vinyl floor in a short period and has zero tolerance for dirt. When it comes to the safety of your children and pets, this floor steamer doesn’t use harsh chemicals on your vinyl flooring.
As the name implies, the floor steamer makes use of steam, which heats up in 30 seconds to kill germs on your vinyl floor. Additionally, the special surface scrubber this floor steamer comes with provides versatile floor cleaning to ensure you clean your house from top to bottom.
The ThermaPro floor cleaner also features a flexible hose to allow you to cover larger areas of your vinyl flooring and clean your entire house effortlessly and quickly. There are also three adjustable settings to allow you to use the level of steam on this floor steamer suitable for your needs.
The hard floor cleaner 340 millimeters water tank will give you 12 minutes of steaming on the maximum setting and up to 25 minutes on the lowest setting.
Another good thing about this steam mop is that it only uses tap water to steam off the dirt from your vinyl floor. This eliminates the need to look for detergents.
What We Like
- Can turn into a handheld device
- Removes floor stains in a short period
- Doesn’t use harmful chemicals
- Has zero-tolerance for dirt
- Provides versatile floor cleaning
What We Don’t Like
- Sometimes struggles to glide on hardwood, vinyl plank flooring and hard flooring
- Vague written instructions
- Small water tank
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you...
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the...
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific...
- Multifunctional Household Tool - Safe to use on any surface you want to clean: hardwood floors,...
Best Budget: Shark Steam Pocket Mop
If you are searching for a steam mop for vinyl floor that is easy to use, lightweight, and packs a lot of power, the Shark Steam Cleaner Pocket Mop-S3501 steam mop is an excellent product you may want to use on your floor. Like the ThermaPro Cleaner, this Shark Steam steam mop also doesn’t use harmful ingredients, making this steam mop safe for use. Additionally, you can use this mop on bare floors like linoleum, vinyl floors, hardwood, hard floor, and tile.
This steam mop use steamed water to deep clean your vinyl floor and hard floors, removing up to 99.9% of germs effectively. The Shark steam mop floor also has two-sided microfiber pads. This means you won’t have to stop and change the mop pad when one side gets dirty while using this hard floor cleaner. You will only have to flip the steam head and continue steam mopping your vinyl flooring.
Other incredible features of the Shark steam mop and hard floor cleaner that’s worth mentioning include the long power cord and the swivel steering. They will allow you to maneuver with the Shark Steam around fixtures on your vinyl floor and furniture easily as well as other tight spaces.
Unlike traditional mops that require a lot of time before the vinyl floor can dry up totally, the Shark Steam steam mop use hot steam that dries up shortly. The only major issue of these Shark steam mop is its 220 millimeters water tank capacity.
What We Like
- Swivel steering for maneuverability
- No harmful ingredients
- Removes 99.9% of germs
- Two-sided microfiber pads
- Long power cord
What We Don’t Like
- Small water tank
- No steam options
- Flimsy parts
- The Shark Steam Pocket Mop turns ordinary water into super-heated steam to remove everyday dirt and...
- Powerful steam on demand - natural mopping motion delivers super-heated steam in just 30 seconds,...
- 99.9% sanitization against germs and bacteria
- 2 washable microfiber pads lift and lock in dirt - no more messy mops and heavy buckets
Best for Ceramic Tile: Bissell PowerFresh Steaming Mop
The Bissell PowerFresh steam mop comes with amazing features that make it perfect to clean vinyl plank flooring. You can also use this Bissell PowerFresh powerful steam mop on vinyl and other surfaces in your house such as marble, linoleum, ceramic and granite surfaces, not only vinyl floor.
Additionally, it comes with fragrance discs to make your house smell fresh. The steam mop also doesn’t use chemicals, making it safe for your children and pets. It features three levels of steam to allow you to choose the setting that is ideal for your needs.
Moreover, this steam mop on vinyl kills up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria using steam. We also like the flip-down rubber that will give you a way to clean dried and sticky messes with ease. The Bissell Powerfresh powerful steam cleaner is also easy to use and light to steer to allow you to complete your tasks quickly.
Overall, the Bissell PowerFresh model is an effective steam mop way to clean the toughest messes on luxury vinyl floors. If you want to use a steam mop on vinyl, it will get rid of bacteria and other debris from your surfaces without struggling, consider adding this steam mop on vinyl floor and to clean your appliances.
What We Like
- Ideal to deep clean vinyl floors
- You can clean other surfaces
- The included fragrance discs
- The three levels of steam
- Does not use chemicals
What We Don’t Like
- Some attachments are not durable
- Inconsistent steam settings
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99.9 percent of...
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam...
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
Most Versatile: Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Cleaner
The Light 'N' Easy 7338ANW mop is one of the most sought-after and best steam cleaners in the market due to its incredible features. When you plug it in, it begins heating immediately and gets ready to go in just 30 seconds. Once the steam mop is ready, a digital light indicator will stop blinking.
The Light ‘N’ Easy high-temperature steam power will give you an impressive performance. The Light ‘N’ Easy steam mop is also easy to use on luxury vinyl floors and other surfaces. Additionally, the Light ‘N’ Easy steam cleaner can remove up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria in your house without using dangerous chemicals.
Moving around the Light ‘N’ Easy steam cleaner is also a breeze as it has a swiveling head that won’t require you to exert a lot of physical effort. Although Light ‘N’ Easy is a sturdy steam mop, it also has some drawbacks. First, you will have to keep refilling the water tank since its capacity is small.
Moreover, refilling the tank of the Light ‘N’ Easy is difficult. Its 20-feet power cord is also short. Despite these minor flaws, the Light ‘N’ Easy is one of the best steam cleaners that will help you deep clean and remove stubborn stains in different spots of your house effortlessly.
What We Like
- The digital light indicator that alerts you when the mop is ready
- Its high-temperature steam power
- Removes up to 99.9% of bacteria
- Gets ready in just 30 seconds
- Lightweight design
What We Don’t Like
- Difficult to refill the water tank
- Small tank capacity
- Short power cord
- Unique square steam mop with 360 degree swivel steering head which could clean corners,edges,under...
- Steam is released at the touch of a button, which is easy to operate. It takes about 20 seconds to...
- The 212-degree F heat effectively eliminates dirt and sticky messes, Only needs tap water, safe for...
- Triple layered microfiber pad for exceptional absorption, steam permeation and optimum friction to...
Best Multipurpose Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors: Bissell Symphony Vacuum and Steam Mop 1132
The Bissell Symphony Vacuum and Steam Mop is a multipurpose cleaning device that combines the functionality of both a vacuum cleaner and a steam mop. This device simultaneously steams and vacuums your vinyl floors, leaving them without any dirt.
This steam mop is user-friendly and very easy to operate. It has three steam settings -high, medium, and low- to make it easy to regulate the temperature of your steam mop when cleaning. You also do not have to worry about stopping to refill the water reservoir when mopping, as it can carry enough water to clean a medium-sized room. This is a plus in contrast to the Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Cleaner that has a small reservoir.
Although its vacuum function is not as excellent as regular vacuum cleaners, it considerably sweeps up dirt, dust, and pet hair. The Bissell Symphony device has a very comfortable design and balance that makes it easy to move around the house when cleaning. Just like the Bissell PowerFresh Steaming Mop, it also comes with a scent disc which leaves your home smelling nice after cleaning.
What We Like
- Long power cable allowing freedom of movement
- Large water reservoir so that you don’t have to keep topping up
- Can be used on various surfaces
- Good vacuuming and steaming performance
- Comfortable design and weight balance improves utility
- Comes with a fragrance disc which is a strong plus
- Eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria
What We Don’t Like
- Weighs 10 pounds which is quite heavy
- Comes with very few accessories and features
- Vacuum and steam your hard floors at the same time
- Sanitize* floors using the natural power of steam, eliminating 99.9% of germs and bacteria*. Dry...
- Easy Touch Digital Controls. Switch between vacuum, steam, or both
- Powerful, cyclonic vacuum helps capture dirt and debris
Best Vinyl Floor Steam Mop for Speed: Shark Steam & Scrub S7001 Steam Mop
The Shark Steam & Scrub S7001 Steam Mop is one of the most popular steam mops on the housekeeping market. Unlike other steam mops, this device works extremely fast, removing all stains and killing germs at 150 scrubs per minute.
Even with its high speed, the S7001 steam mop is incredibly soft and doesn’t scratch your vinyl floors, a similar feature that the Shark Steam Pocket Mop boasts.
Though the automatic rotations on this steam mop are pretty impressive, the motors make this device heavy. Nonetheless, it is an easy device to operate. It also has headlights that are very helpful when cleaning underneath the furniture. Similar to the Bissell Symphony Vacuum and Steam Mop 1132, this heavy duty steam mop weighs more than the average.
What We Like
- Comfortable and functional design improving both aesthetics and functionality
- AdaptableVersatile steam control that allows you to determine how much intensity you want
- It has non-abrasive and reusable mop pads, maintaining your floor’s integrity
- Its headlights allow you to see dark spaces when cleaning
- It is soft and non-abrasive on vinyl floors
- It has a sizeable water reservoir so that you don’t have to refill it often
- It eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria, leaving the floor clean
What We Don’t Like
- It is quite heavy, impacting mobility
- It has a short power cable, limiting the cleaning area
Best Reusable Vinyl Floor Steam Mop: Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop S3973D
The 2-in-1 Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop S3973D is undoubtedly one of the best steam mops for vinyl floors. This device can be used as a steam mop for cleaning floors or other surfaces within the house, such as windows, when detached from its long handle. It also has excellent steam control, just like the Bissell Symphony Vacuum and Steam Mop 1132, and can be adjusted within low, medium, and high heat.
The Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop has soft and reusable microfiber mop pads that ensure no scratches on your vinyl floors while cleaning. It also comes with an “Intelli-mop head,” a feature that helps you replace mop pads hygienically. This steam mop is perfect for household use since it thoroughly cleans and sanitizes the floor without harmful chemicals, just like the Shark Steam Pocket Mop.
However, the downside here is that you would have to deal with a short power cable.
What We Like
- It has a detachable and handheld steamer so that you can apply more manual pressure if you want
- It’s compact and lightweight, allowing for easy transportation
- Versatile steam control system allowing you to achieve your desired aims
- It has non-abrasive mopping pads that maintain your floor’s integrity
- It has a sizeable water reservoir reducing the need for constant refills
- It has a hygienic pad replacement system
- It eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria, leaving your space healthy
- It has a double-headed mop that does more cleaning
What We Don’t Like
- It has a short power cable, reducing the mobility of this machine
- 2-in-1 steam pocket mop with Removable handheld steamer for above-floor cleaning.
- Intelli-mop head with touch-free pad attach and release technology
- Steam blaster blasts stuck-on messes
- Dual-sided dirt grip pads
Best Designed Vinyl Floor Steam Mop: Polti Vaporetto Smart 100 Steam Cleaner and Mop PTNA0022
Unlike most steam mops that come in an upright design, the Polti Vaporetto Smart 100 looks a lot like a wheeled canister vacuum. The design, just like that of the Shark Steam & Scrub S7001 Steam Mop brings about several advantages. For instance, you don’t have to move the entire weight of the device back and forth when cleaning, significantly reducing fatigue and improving comfort.
The Polti Vaporetto Smart 100 comes with a heater that heats a large water reservoir, which can hold 67.6 ounces of water. However, this heating can take a pretty long while. A control panel on the canister can control the steam level settings similar to the Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop S3973D. It also comes with various accessories that can enhance the cleaning performance of the mop, like microfiber mop pads and brushes.
What We Like
- It has a high cleaning performance which indicates the efficiency
- It has a convenient and maneuverable design that aids use
- Its wheels and mop pads are non-abrasive, ensuring your floors are not damaged
- It has a sizeable water reservoir, eliminating the need for constant refills
- It comes with different accessories, improving utility
What We Don’t Like
- It takes a long time to heat up, effectively wasting time
- It has a short power cable, reducing mobility
- FAST AND CONTINUOUS CLEANING: Ready in 4 minutes, and refill the water tank whenever necessary
- ADJUSTABLE STEAM PRESSURE: Using the steam regulation knob allows you to treat each surface with the...
- POWERFUL CLEANING TOOLS: Storage space allows for all cleaning tools to be always within reach
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Extension tubes, VaporForce brush and set of 2 cloths to clean floors and...
Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors Features
Searching for the best steam mop can be time-consuming due to the different options available. However, the appropriate mop that will suit you depends on your needs. To help you select a good mop, we have put together essential features that you should check when looking for the best steam mop for vinyl floors:
Type of Steam Mop
You can use a steam mop as a vacuum cleaner and clean a wide range of floors, including vinyl floors and hard floors. We have highlighted the three main types you will find in the market to help you use a steam mop that suits your needs best.
- Handheld Steam Mop: Handheld steamers and handheld floor mops are compact, portable, and affordable. Their lightweight design makes them easy to work with and store after use. If you need to clean small stains on your hard floor or carpets, windows and difficult to reach places, use the best steam mop of this type. However, this type of cleaner is not ideal for large hard floor areas and don’t deliver the same level of performance as their larger counterparts.
- Upright Steam Mop: These types of mops are lightweight, easy to use and to handle, and comes with a water tank attached to the handle. Upright mops are also effective at deep cleaning hard wood floors and sanitizing vinyl floors and hard floors. One major issue with this steam mop floor steamer is their inability to clean tight hard floor spaces due to their design. They may also require special accessories for cleaning carpets.
- Cylinder Steam Mop: This type of cleaner is the most expensive and difficult to use to clean vinyl floors as they are bulky. Additionally, they come with large water to allow you to finish larger cleaning tasks without worrying about refilling them. Cylinder mops are also versatile as they have different accessories for vacuuming different surfaces.
Tip: Make sure you know whether you want a wet mop or a steam mop cleaner. If you prefer the primary, take a look at our wet mop for vinyl floors reviews!
Water Tank Capacity
The capacity of water tanks ranges from 250 millimeters to more than one liter and take between 20 seconds to 4 minutes to heat up. When ready, some mops will give you nine minutes of steaming, while others will last more than 30 minutes. We recommend a tank with more than 250 millimeters capacity. This will minimize the number of times you will have to refill the tank and increase the steaming time.
Steam mops that produce hot vapor continuously are not safe for vinyl floors. As such, a model with adjustable steam control will suffice. While shopping, look for models with a trigger button or touch/dial controls.
This feature will allow you to customize your cleaning. For instance, you can use a high setting to remove stubborn messes and a low setting for light-duty tasks. Units with automatic steam control are also ideal.
A model that you can move around and navigate effortlessly will make your work easier and enjoyable. For this reason, choose a model that can swivel 360 degrees to make accessing tight spaces easy. Also, get a unit that comes with a long power cord to make navigating under or around furniture and cleaning vinyl floors a breeze.
An ergonomic handle is another thing you should look for as it won’t slip off your hand. Ensure the handle has controls for customizing vapor release, especially when cleaning difficult to reach areas.
This is another essential factor to check since the ability of your steam mop to clean effectively changes by how hot it gets. The best team mop uses higher temperatures, as they provide deep cleaning performance and kill germs and bacteria effectively. However, these steam mops are more than standard models.
Steam mops for vinyl plank flooring feature different cleaning mechanisms. So, before making the purchase, decide on the mechanism that suits your cleaning needs. Here are the major types you will come across while shopping for your model.
- Steam Generating Mop Mechanism: If you use a steam mop with this mechanism, you’ll know that these floor mop types are perfect for removing germ buildup and other debris from your vinyl floors as they are the best weapon against stains on your floor surfaces.
- Head and Handle Mechanism: Any vinyl plank flooring steam cleaner that feature this mechanism do not use chemicals. They also have a handle that swivels and a simple floor mop cleaner with fibre.
- Vacuum Cleaner Steam Mops: Models with this mechanism have a vacuum cleaner embedded into the mop.
- Head and Handle with Sprayer Mechanism: These vinyl plank flooring steam cleaners are an upgrade of the second type of steam mops. However, they have a chemical sprayer for storing and spraying the cleaning solution on your vinyl floors when you press the trigger.
Quantity of Steam
When looking for your steam mop for your vinyl floors, it is important to note that the amount of steam your steam mop can produce depends on how hot the mop can get when it’s turned on. Nowadays, most steam mops come with a steam level functionality to help you make sure the steam generated remains consistent.
This means your floor mop will only generate more steam cleaning pressure if the temperature is high. For this reason, you should only pick models that can produce consistent steam quantity to clean your vinyl floors. This is very crucial since some models cannot maintain the level of pressure and temperature consistently, resulting in poor cleaning performance.
Washable Mop Pads
Since you will be cleaning your vinyl floors with the same mop for months, you should ensure the fabric that your mop has is machine washable. We recommend looking for vinyl floors cleaner models that are shipped with at least two or even more steam mop pads.
This will come in handy as you will be able to continue your cleaning tasks with the remaining mop while the other one dries up. The type of your cleaning steam mop pads should also be considered as you will be able to swap over when cleaning different surfaces.
For instance, microfiber is a great mop that allows for rigorous cleaning of multiple surfaces including vinyl plank flooring. The steam mop pad is more effective as it can absorb up to 50% more dirt compared to mop pads with cotton loops.
You can also use microfiber with your steam mop several times. You won’t keep buying new steam mop pads every time you want to clean. Other steam mop pads can mop delicate surfaces and others for scrubbing tough stains.
Cleaning Pads Size
It’s also important to consider the size of the cleaning pads. Wider cleaning pads are ideal when you have a large surface of vinyl floors to clean. Additionally, they will enable you to complete your cleaning tasks within a short period as they are less time-consuming.
Mop pads with adjustable cleaning heads are also an excellent choice because they make cleaning easier. These mop pads will allow you to adjust the mop head depending on the different areas you will be cleaning.
Weight and Size
These are some of the most essential buying factors because you will be moving your cleaning mop to different rooms regularly. As such, you should choose a steam cleaner that you can easily carry around your vinyl floors without straining.
When it comes to size, a compact steam mop for your vinyl plank flooring is an excellent choice for cleaning difficult to reach areas in your home such as under the furniture and small corners.
Power Cord Length
It should be long enough to enable you to move around freely around your vinyl floors. A long power cord will also allow you to cover a large area of your vinyl while steam cleaning as it won’t restrict your movement.
The amount of time your warm water takes to boil before you start cleaning your vinyl plank flooring is also crucial. However, this will depend on the quantity of steam that your steam cleaner generates. That said, some floor steamer models with heat times that range from 20 to 30 seconds such as the Light ‘N’ Easy steam cleaner are ideal.
The materials used to design your vinyl plank floor steamer will determine the duration you can use the vinyl floor cleaner. That said, you should avoid mop handles built with plastics because they are prone to breaking down while you clean your vinyl floors. We recommend handles designed with aluminium alloy as they are durable.
Amount of Cleaning Solution
Not all steam cleaners for vinyl plank floors require the same amount of cleaning solution. Some use a small amount while others require a large amount to use on vinyl flooring, resulting in wastage. Due to this, you should opt for those models that only use a minimal amount.
Features and Accessories
Some steam cleaners for vinyl plank floors come with certain features and accessories to enhance the cleaning process that a traditional mop doesn’t have. Here is a list of the essential features and attachments you should look out for before buying your mop:
- Carpet Glider: This is an incredible attachment that you can use when removing light stains on your carpet. However, this means you will have to look for a heavy-duty steam mop when you want to clean tough stains.
- Empty Light Indicator: Some models come with this attachment to alert you when the water tank is almost empty so that you can refill your hard floor cleaner.
- Steam Ready Indicator: This is another remarkable feature that will let you know when your steam cleaner has heated up and is ready for use to clean vinyl flooring.
- Pad Rest: This accessory will allow you to rest your mop in case you take a small break to take a glass of water. Your mop can sit on it without damaging your vinyl plank flooring.
- Swivel Head: Unlike a traditional mop, steam mops for vinyl floors with this feature will enable you to maneuver in tight spaces easily when cleaning.
- A Telescopic Wand: This functionality is ideal if you have back problems because you won’t have to bend while cleaning. You will only have to adjust the wand depending on your height.
How to Use a Steamer Mop on Vinyl Floors
Steam mops are well known for their ability to remove stains and kill floor germs without chemical solutions. However, some risks are involved when using these electric mops on your vinyl floors. It is, therefore, essential to know how to properly use steam mops on vinyl floors to avoid damage to both your floor and appliance.
Here is how to use a steamer mop correctly on vinyl floors:
Things to Do
- Remove large particles and dirt by sweeping or vacuuming your vinyl floor to prevent them from scratching the floor as you mop
- A dirty mop pad will only smear dirt all over your vinyl floor. So, be sure you have multiple clean mop pads to change to when required.
- Fill up the water reservoir before attaching a mop pad to the foot of your steam mop
- Set your steam mop on low heat and leave for 30 seconds to heat up before you start the cleaning process.
- Move your steam mop in a straight back-and-forth stroke to maintain even heat exposure across your vinyl floor.
- Clean your entire vinyl floor with a light steam setting.
Things Not to Do
- Avoid cleaning your vinyl floor on high heat
- Do not steam mop recently waxed vinyl floors
- Do not leave your steam mop on when you have to pause for some time
- Avoid using scrub mode on your vinyl floors
- Never put anything else in the water reservoir except water unless instructed by the manufacturer
- Do not have your steam mop plugged in a while attaching the mop pads
Why You Should Buy a Steam Mop for Vinyl Floors
There are many advantages to buying a steam mop for vinyl floors. Here are some:
- They are best for removing tough dirt and mold from vinyl floors
- They require less physical effort
- They are fast and save time
- They don’t require toxic chemicals that may damage your vinyl floor
Advantages of Steam Mops Over Regular Mops
Unlike regular mops that can do more harm than good, steam mops offer several unique advantages. Below are the advantages of steam mops over regular mops:
1. Steam Mops are Safer and Eco-friendly
Compared to regular mops that have to be used along with chemicals, steam mops require only water to clean and sanitize floors. This makes steam mops a safer and eco-friendly alternative as it reduces the harmful chemicals released into the environment and used on your floors.
2. Cleaning with Steam Mops Renew the Appearance of Your Home
Steam mops use high temperatures to remove all kinds of dirt or stains on your floors, deodorize and sanitize. This gives steam mops a cleaning power that surpasses traditional cleaning methods that rely on regular mops and floor cleaning solutions. It is, therefore, a lot easier to remove debris thoroughly and quickly, making your home look as good as new.
3. Steam Mops Eliminate Germs and Other Harmful Microorganisms
Although germs and other harmful organisms like viruses and bacteria can’t be seen with ordinary eyes, they are everywhere. One of the advantages of steam mops is that it eliminates these nasty microorganisms from your home, using hot vapor molecules with enough heat to kill even the strongest pathogens. This, in turn, protects you, your family, and your pets from harm that these pathogens can cause.
4.Steam Mops Eradicate Pet Odors and Parasites
Due to the secretions caused by yeast metabolism in pets’ skin, keeping them can make your home smell funny. However, using steam mops can help you not only get rid of unwanted pet odors from your home but also help keep your pets happy and healthy by killing fleas, their eggs, and even their larva.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Steam Mops Leave Vinyl Floors Wet?
No, steam mops do not leave vinyl floors wet. This is because, unlike traditional mops, you don’t soak them in water. Steam mops make use of water vapor. Therefore, they leave no moisture behind.
Are Steam Mops Better than Regular Mops on Vinyl Floors?
Yes, steam mops are better on vinyl flooring than regular mops. They are faster and do a more thorough job. Also, they produce steam that eliminates nearly 99.9 % of germs, helping sanitize your floor without harmful chemicals.
Can Cleaning Solutions be Used with All Steam Mops?
Not all steam mops can let you use cleaning solutions, as some only need demineralized water to clean. Before adding any cleaning solution, check your device’s user manual to find out if the device allows the use of cleaning solutions to avoid corroding it.
Steam mops are great for deep cleaning your vinyl plank floors as they kill bacteria and germs effectively using high-temperature vapor. Also, the right steam mop will help you clean a wide variety of floors, including vinyl floors. We recommend any of the mops we have reviewed because they offer high-performance and are suitable for vinyl floors.