If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
The best tension shower rod can help you to attach your shower curtain securely and quickly while improving the overall look of your shower space.
- Our Top Tension Shower Rod Reviews
- Best Tension Shower Rod: Moen CSR2160BN Adjustable
- Top Tension Shower Rod for the Money: Beokreu Curtain Rod
- Best Cheap Tension Shower Rod: Zenna Home Adjustable Rod
- Best Tension Shower Rod for Multiple Surfaces: Amazer Spring Tension Rod
- Best Versatile Tension Shower Rod: Umbra 244923-038 Tension Rod
- Tension Shower Rod Features and Considerations
- Wrap Up
Our Top Tension Shower Rod Reviews
However, you should pick a rod that fits in your bathroom, which can be hard to do sometimes. That’s why we have compiled a list of the top tension shower rods in the market to help you choose the one that suits your needs.
Best Tension Shower Rod: Moen CSR2160BN Adjustable
- WARM AND INVITING: Brushed Nickel finish provides a lightly brushed warm-grey metallic look
- STANDARD SIZE: Fits most at-home shower sizes
- PRACTICAL DESIGN: Adjusts between 4.5' and 6' (54" and 72")
- PEACE-OF-MIND: Designed for hassle-free installation
The Moen CSR2160BN tension shower rod is a great addition to your showering space because it can easily match with your bathroom décor. It can also help you set the tone for empty spaces and transform them into beautiful rooms.
This brushed-nickel shower rod boasts of a curved design that helps it prevent your shower curtain from encroaching on the bathroom space when in use. Moreover, the rod is smooth, so you don’t have to worry about the curtain rings getting caught on it.
The Moen shower rod also comes in a variety of finishes and sizes that range from 54 inches to 72 inches to suit the style you want. Additionally, it is an excellent addition to a small house that you plan to provide privacy for as it can help you partition entire rooms.
This model is also ideal for a loft where there aren’t designated spaces. We also like that it is versatile as you can use it for dividing spaces, curtains, and much more. Another good thing is that it doesn’t destroy anything or leave holes in your walls should you decide to take it down.
If you are searching for a curved tension shower rod, get this product. It is rust-resistant, functional, and elegant to complement your shower space décor. However, it is important to note that if you intend to set up this rod on tile, ensure you have a ¼ inches masonry drill bit.
What We Like
- Does not destroy anything when uninstalling it
- Available in a variety of sizes and finishes
- Perfect for a small apartment
- Easy to install and versatile
- The brushed-nickel finish
What We Don’t Like
- Its bar doesn’t come with additional accessories
- Its thicker 15/8 inches diameter bar
- It tends to rust over time
Top Tension Shower Rod for the Money: Beokreu Curtain Rod
- BEST BENEFITS: You will get from BEOKREU tension rod: 100% Safe Use, Lock in Place technology and...
- HEAVY DUTY: Tension rods can bear 20pounds,It is your blackout window curtain rod but also your...
- FAST & SUCH EASY INSTALLATION- Simple to extend,Pull and Lock,soft and sturdy rubber grippers in the...
- APPLY to All kinds surface- Spring tension rods will be surely no problem to be used on all...
If you like a straight shower rod, the Beokreu model is an ideal option to consider. It comes at a reasonable price and the manufacturer offers two sizes to ensure you find a rod that fits your shower space or bathtub easily. You can use this to attach lightweight sheers, drapers, or curtains.
Additionally, it requires low-maintenance and is easy to install. You can set it up without making any holes in your bathroom walls. The package also comes with clear instructions that you can follow to install this tension shower rod and start using it immediately.
Just pull and lock the soft, robust rubber grippers and you will be done within a few minutes. You also don’t have to look for specialized tools to install this rod. One incredible feature of this model is its Lock in Place technology that prevents the rod from falling off. It also ensures the rod doesn’t bend in the middle.
To secure the rod firmly, use the included loaded spring and the clear rubber end grips. The heavy-duty spring tension rods also don’t drop down and you can use it on a rough or smooth wall, tile wall, all wallpaper wall, and wooden frame.
The only major issue with this tension shower rod is that it tends to rust over time. Also, its bar is very plain as it doesn’t come with additional accessories. You may also have to look for more parts if you want to set it up over a long space.
What We Like
- No special tools required to install
- The robust spring tension rods
- Lock-in Place technology
- Requires low-maintenance
- Clear setup instructions
What We Don’t Like
- Does not hold much weight
- The lock button tends to jam
- Its bar is very plain
Best Cheap Tension Shower Rod: Zenna Home Adjustable Rod
- EASY TO INSTALL WITH NO TOOLS NEEDED: Innovative TwistTight technology allows for secure...
- SHOWER ROD ADJUSTS TO FIT IN YOUR SPACE WITH NO CUTTING NEEDED: Adjustable rod fits in spaces from...
- ATTRACTIVE AND RUST RESISTANT: Steel construction with a brushed nickel finish that resists rust
- WON'T DAMAGE YOUR BATHROOM WALLS: Tension mechanism adjusts for a secure fit, and the included...
The Zenna Home shower rod is both inexpensive and elegant, and an ideal solution for a wide range of bathrooms. With this rod, you can divide your shower space or any other space with ease. This brushed nickel rod can also cover openings ranging from 44 inches to 72 inches, making it perfect for medium to large bathroom openings.
Additionally, its steel construction will ensure it serves you for a long time as it makes it durable and rust-resistant. It also features a large non-slip plate to prevent it from falling once installed. Its Twist Tight technology allows for firm installation, while the rod is secured with the spring tension.
Moreover, the rod holds firmly and does not require tools for drilling holes. You can also install and uninstall the rod with ease without damaging your walls. The rod comes with non-marring end caps that ensure your bathroom walls are not damaged. You can also adjust the tension mechanism for a secure fit.
The Zenna Home shower rod is also available in five different colors to give you a variety of options to choose from. You can also use it with any standard shower hooks or rings when you want to install a shower liner or curtain.
You can use this shower rod on all shower surfaces including rough and smooth walls. Overall, this robust model is easy to clean, and it doesn’t damage your walls.
What We Like
- The non-marring end caps that prevent damages
- The large non-slip plate for holding the rod firmly
- The Twist Tight technology for secure installation
- Ability to adjust the tension mechanism
- Available in different colors
What We Don’t Like
- The lock mechanism does not work
- Difficult to re-twist or untwist the rod
- The tension part tends to stick
Best Tension Shower Rod for Multiple Surfaces: Amazer Spring Tension Rod
- Adjustable length of 26"-36" , the small and short rod is ONLY suitable for wall distance 26"-36".
- Inside and outside tube diameter: 0.75" / 0.87" . The end of the shower curtain rod is detachable,...
- Nickel shower rod finish is durable and chip-resistant
- Easy-to-install tension mounting. No cutting, drilling or tools necessary to install rod
The Amazer Spring is a small and short rod that can only accommodate openings ranging from 26 inches to 36 inches. What we like most about this shower rod is that you can adjust the end and match it with the curtains and hooks you want.
Moreover, it features a nickel finish that makes it chip-resistant and robust. It also blends well with your shower space hardware and décor. Its tension mounting also makes installing it a breeze because you don’t have to use tools, drill holes, or make cuts to install the rod.
You can also use this tension shower rod on different surfaces including rough and smooth surfaces such as wooden frame, tile wall, wallpaper wall, and more. You can also use it as a shower rod replacement in case yours breaks. Plus, it comes with a button that locks the bars tightly to keep them from falling.
The Amazer Spring also boasts of solid construction as it is resistant to rust. Once you hang up your curtain on it, you can be assured that it will hold the curtain firmly in its place and serve you for a long time. Additionally, its lightweight design makes uninstalling and installing it an easy task.
Overall, this rod does not require cutting as it adjusts to fit your bathroom space. It won’t also damage your walls. If you are looking for a tension shower rod that provides you with more space to hang your belongings, this model is an excellent choice.
What We Like
- The button feature that locks the bars securely
- Suitable on a variety of surfaces
- Tension mounting and chip-resistant
- Matches with any bathroom décor
- Ability to detach the rod
What We Don’t Like
- Unsuitable for large spaces
- Does not lock properly
- Keeps sliding down
Best Versatile Tension Shower Rod: Umbra 244923-038 Tension Rod
- HANG CURTAINS, NO DRILLING OR HOLES REQUIRED: The Chroma tension rod offers a contemporary solution...
- DURABLE, STURDY CURTAIN RODS: Made of high-quality metal, Chroma supports light to medium-weight...
- EASY TO SET UP & MOVE: Chroma mounts inside your window frame in seconds using tension to stay in...
- MODERN VERSATILE DESIGN: Designed by Luciano Lorenzatti for Umbra, this versatile tension curtain...
The Umbra shower rod uses stainless steel to make it sturdy and also resistant to rust and corrosion. Apart from installing this versatile tension rod in your showering space, you can also set it up in your dining room, living room, kitchen, and office. It is also available in different colors and sizes to give you more options when decorating your spaces.
This tension shower rod features two coated, non-slip feet on each end to keep the rod from falling. When it comes to installation, this rod mounts within a few minutes using tension to remain in place. Taking it down and reinstalling is also a breeze.
The Umbra tension shower rod is ideal for supporting light to medium weight sheer curtains and curtains as it has a maximum weight of 15 pounds. It also offers the perfect solution for hanging curtains and drapes without drilling holes into your bathroom wall.
If you are looking for a shower rod that can complement your current bathroom décor, this is the perfect model for you. Its sturdy, durable rods and easy set up make it worth the purchase. Its versatile design will also allow you to use it in other places other than just your bathroom.
What We Like
- The two coated, non-slip feet that prevents slipping
- Adjustable and versatile tension rod
- Comes in several colors and sizes
- Resistant to rust and corrosion
- Easy to move or takedown
What We Don’t Like
- Does not work as advertised
- Unclear setup instructions
- Keeps falling
Tension Shower Rod Features and Considerations
Shower rods come in different sizes and shapes which can make picking the right one difficult. These are the factors you should consider when looking for the best tension shower rod:
Type of Tension Shower Rod
Different types of shower rods are available depending on their installation process, design, and shape. Some common types include:
- Straight Shower Rods: These rods are the most common and easy to install. Simply hung the curtain using hooks or rings, and then fix the two ends using the brackets. You can also use them to install a double straight curtain.
- Curved Shower Rods: These rods are ideal for curved bathtubs or shower enclosures and are installed the same way straight rods are installed. However, you should hang the curtain along the inner sides of the curtain to allow water to flow into the tub before draining off.
- Tension Shower Rods: These rods are also easy to install because they do not require hooks or adjustments to install. Tension rods also don’t require screws or nails since they use the spring suspension functionality.
Shower Rod Shape
Shower rods also come in two different shapes which include:
- L-Shaped Shower Rods: These rods are perfect for corner tubs because they save space. L-shaped rods fit into brackets that are nailed into bathroom walls.
- D-Shaped Shower Rods: These rods create a D-shape when two shower rods are attached.
The shower rod you pick should be easy to install without requiring special tools no matter the size or shape. This is very crucial since most of these models are DIY.
So, you shouldn’t experience problems when installing.
Before buying your shower rod, measure your bathroom space to ensure the rod fits well and matches with its dimensions. Although you can exchange or return it, just save yourself the frustrations and take the measurements first.
Brackets and Angles
This is another important consideration to pay attention to because most shower rods, especially curved and straight ones require an angle or a bracket to install them.
The tension shower rods on this list support a wide range of loads, are easy to use, and are also durable. Before making your decision, refer to our guide once again, and then pick the model that suits your needs.