As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A shower steamer is a small tablet typically added to bath water. It releases scented therapeutic steam when it comes in contact with hot water to offer a relaxing aromatherapeutic experience.
In this article, we’ll discuss a step-by-step method to use shower steamers correctly. It’ll allow you to enjoy the incredible scent that a shower steamer offers without wasting it.
- How Do You Use Shower Steamers?
- Why You Should Use Shower Streamers
- Types of Shower Streamers
- How to Make Your Own Shower Steamer
- Final Words
How Do You Use Shower Steamers?
Use the following steps to use your shower steamer while taking a shower.
- Unwrap the shower steamer and remove it from the foil.
- Set your water to the hot temperature and turn it on.
- Let the shower build up some steam.
- Place the shower steamer on the shower floor away from the drain.
- Choose the spot where it can receive splashes of water. Make sure that you don’t place it right under the stream of water or it’ll dissolve within seconds, wasting the scented material.
Water will activate the shower streamer and it’ll start releasing fragrant essential oil. Now you can get under the water stream to enjoy a relaxing and comfortable experience.
Why You Should Use Shower Streamers
Shower steamers aren’t only easy to use but they also offer a range of benefits including the following.
- Activate Quickly: Shower steamers activate as soon as they come in contact with water. It means you can use them even if you’re in a hurry and need to take a shower within a matter of minutes.
- Relaxing: These little tablets are packed with essential oils and they offer incredible smells. They provide you with a soothing and relaxing experience while having a shower.
- Relieve Stress: All shower streamers come with essential oils, which are known to be effective stress relievers. That’s why they’re also used in saunas as well as in aromatherapy.
- Improve Sleep: Shower steamers can also help you improve your sleep quality, especially the ones that come with lavender essential oil.
- Moisturize Skin: Taking a hot shower opens up your skin’s pores. It allows your skin to absorb the essential oils, making your skin more hydrated, smoother, and softer.
- Improve Mood: A soothing and relaxing shower will improve your mood and help you stay positive and productive throughout the day.
Types of Shower Streamers
There are different types of shower streamers available in the market and they come in different shapes, colors, and scents. The following are some of the best shower steamers that you can use.
Scented with Lavender
Shower streamers that come with lavender make for a great option for evening showers. They help you relax and enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Scented with Menthol
These shower streamers come with a soothing scent of menthol. They can help you with stress, fatigue, tension, and even migraines.
Scented with Jasmine
If you find it difficult to let go of sleepiness in the morning, you should use a shower streamer scented with jasmine. It can increase your energy levels and help you feel more alert in the morning.
Scented with Lemon
A shower streamer scented with lemon essential oil is great to combat flu. It offers antiviral properties and can also kill germs in the air for a healthy showering experience.
How to Make Your Own Shower Steamer
Yes, you can make your own shower steamer at home using the following method.
Supplies You’ll Need
- Baking soda: 4 cups
- Citric acid: 2 cups
- Cornstarch: 2 cups
- Water: 8 to 10 tablespoons
- Essential oil: 2 teaspoons (choose based on the effects discussed above)
- Several silicone baking molds
Instructions to Follow
- Add cornstarch, citric acid, and baking soda to a large bowl.
- Use a large whisk or spoon to start mixing the ingredients to achieve even consistency. Make sure that you remove lumps properly.
- Add one tablespoon of water to the bowl and start whisking until the water disappears. Use the same technique to add all the water to the mixture to create a paste. Don’t add all the water at once because it’ll fizz up the mixture.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to the mixture and combine it with the paste. Continue the process until you’ve added all the essential oil.
- Start adding the paste to silicone baking molds. Make sure that you don’t add more than 2 tablespoons of mixture to each doom to increase the drying process.
- Place the molds in a dry and cool spot and leave them overnight.
- After that, remove each block from the molds and cover them properly using plastic wrap.
Your shower streamers are ready. Employ the same method discussed above to use them while taking a shower. You can store these water streamers for up to six months in a cool, dry, and dark place, like one of your cabinets.
How Does a Shower Steamer Work?
A shower steamer is often made with essential oil, citric acid, and baking soda. When it comes in contact with water, it starts releasing a refreshing and pleasant smell to improve your showering experience. The essential oils it contains can also offer many health benefits.
Where Do You Place a Shower Fizzer?
You need to place a shower fizzer on one of the corners of your shower floor. Make sure that you place it away from the drain and it also shouldn’t be directly under the water stream. Otherwise, it’ll dissolve faster and most of its material will be wasted.
Can Shower Steamer Make Your Shower Slippery?
Shower steamers have essential oils but in a very low amount, which means they won’t make your shower floor slippery. However, the spot, where you place your shower streamer, will become a little bit oily that you can easily wipe down with a towel.
Using a shower streamer is easy but you need to use the correct technique to keep it from getting wasted.
The most important thing to keep in mind while using a shower streamer is to place it away from the direct water stream and the drain.
However, it should receive splashes of water so that it can start releasing the fragrance and essential oils.