If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Cushions are the essence of dining chairs, as they are the reason for their comfort quotient. And if you have a dirty cushion over the chair, it is not at all pleasing to sit on it.
Even though dirtiness doesn’t affect the comfort of the cushion, no one loves to sit on an unpresentable chair cushion. And if you are using your dining chair cushions with food spills, liquid spills, and other stains, it is most likely to deteriorate. So, it is wise to learn the cleaning measures.
- How to Clean Dining Chair Cushions
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clean Dining Chair Cushions
Just like any other household item, you need to pay attention to the beautiful cushions of your dining chairs. Bring them to the washing room, and do everything that matters to revive their shine and appeal.
It is not acceptable at all to replace the cushion every time it gets dirty. Instead, you can just clean it and save some bucks. If you are unaware of how to do it, then here is the guide to help you learn how to clean dining chair cushions.
Method 1: Cleaning the Cushions With Commercial Upholstery Cleaners
The first approach should be the use of commercial cleaners that are specially made for the purpose. There are household remedies, but if it is possible to get hands-on a commercial cleaner, you can ensure cleanliness with less effort. Follow the steps to learn how to use it:
- Purchase the upholstery cleaner from any of the local grocery stores or an online store. The commercial upholstery cleaners are specific for treating food stains and dirt on the fabric materials.
- Please take off the cushion from your dining chair, and bring it to open space. Also, make sure the area is ventilated.
- You will need to put on gloves to avoid letting your hands get in contact with the chemical upholstery cleaner.
- Now, apply the upholstery cleaner solution directly over the surface of the dining chair cushion.
- Let the cleaning solution settle down for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, use a cloth or soft brush to scrub the cushion gently. Soon, you will start to notice the cushion becoming cleaner than usual.
- Rinse the cloth with the cleaning solution and apply a gentle force on any tough residues to get it out of the cushion surface.
- Now, rub the cushion in your hands, and brush it while you are cleaning it with clean water. It is to remove any remnant of dirt, mold, or stains.
- Repeat the cleaning steps, as per requirement, until you observe cleanliness.
- In the end, you need to make sure that all of the moisture content is out from the surface. You can place the cushion under a running fan or place it outside. Make sure you do not apply rigorous rubbing pressure over the fabric of dining cushions. It is because rigorous rubbing might deteriorate the quality of the material.
Method 2: Cleaning the Cushions With Detergent or Mild Soap
If you do not want to spend some bucks getting a commercial cleaner, you can always go ahead with household remedies. So, you can prefer using mild soap or detergent for the purpose. Here are the steps to help you learn the proper cleaning process with it:
- Get detergent or mild soap solution from your washroom space.
- Mix it up in a tub with water. You need to dilute the solution well to avoid the cushion’s direct contact with soap.
- Please take off the cushion from the dining chair and then take it to the open space.
- Do not submerge the cushion directly into the tub. But instead, use a brush to damp it in the solution and then gently scrub the surface.
- Clean all the sides and edges of the cushion properly to remove the dust and dirt. If there are any stains over the cushion, then brush it with a slight force.
- Repeat the process again and again until you find the cushion clean.
- Now, empty the bucket of detergent and water mixture. And fill it with clean water.
- While you are holding the cushion in your hand and rinsing it with water, prefer brushing it.
- It will help you eradicate any loose dust and debris off the surface.
- After that, you can put the cushion to dry under the fan or open sunlight. Wait for it to completely dry before you can use it on the dining chairs.
Check out this video to get a visual demonstration of how to clean the dining chair cushions. With this video, you will realize that you can also clean the cushions without removing them from the chairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Waterproof My Dining Chair Cushions to Use Them in Outdoors?
Waterproofing of the cushions over your dining chairs for outdoor use is easy and safe to do. There are waterproof sprays available for you to achieve your goal. Moreover, there are wash-in treatments for the purpose as well.
You can put up impermeable protection to the cushion with this measure. So, if you intend to learn more about it, then refer to this article!
Can I Submerge the Dining Chair Cushions Into the Bathtub with Cleaning Solution?
It is better not to submerge the cushions directly into the solution. In fact, it will wet the fabrics from the core, and rubbing & scrubbing the cushions at the same time might damage them.
Therefore, it is better if you try cleaning by hand. It will ensure the safety of your cushion, and you won’t cause more damage to it.
So, if you have some amazing dining chairs at your home with cushions over them, you need to clean them on time. And for that, you need to learn the correct process of cleaning. It will help you save time and revive the lost appeal of your cushion and avoid replacing it every time it gets dirty.