As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Frosted glass shower doors are translucent and consist of pits on them. And, this is what makes them different from regular glass doors.
They are preferred as shower doors because they disperse or blur the reflection, thereby offering privacy. However, the pits on these glass doors attract dust and dirt, which needs proper cleaning.
- How to Clean Frosted Glass Shower Doors?
- Method 1: Clean By Using Brand Cleaners
- Method 2: Clean With Baking Soda & Vinegar
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clean Frosted Glass Shower Doors?
It is not recommended to use a similar cleaning process for frosted glass and standard glass. The pits within the frosted glass get immensely dirty because of the accumulation of dirt and get stained by lime or calcium deposits and hard water deposits.
Therefore, different techniques come into play. So, follow this guide to know about how to clean frosted glass shower doors.
Method 1: Clean By Using Brand Cleaners
Dirt and dust are fundamental issues with frosted glass shower doors. These doors have pits that hold the minute dirt and dust for a long time. Therefore, they demand a thorough cleaning. Here’s what you should do:
Step 1: Take the Necessary Precautions
Safety is the first step while dealing with intense cleaning procedures for glass shower doors. So, you need to:
- Get a pair of gloves for the cleaning process.
- Get a mask to avoid inhalation of fumes emitted by the cleaning solutions.
- Ensure ventilation around the shower room.
Step 2: Spray Glass Cleaner & Wipe the Surface
- Put on the gloves and spray glass cleaner onto the surface of the frosted glass shower door.
- Wipe the surface with the use of paper towels or old newspapers. (Newspapers and paper towels do not leave much lint after the wiping process)
- Ensure that the rubbing motion over the glass is circular.
Step 3: Continue Scrubbing With an Abrasive Sponge
- Get an abrasive sponge for enhanced cleaning of pitted surfaces on the frosted glass doors.
- Use the sponge to rub through the frosted glass in a circular motion to eradicate the dust particles.
Frosted glass shower doors are usually installed with wooden frames. Therefore, you need to be extra cautious while using an abrasive sponge to avoid getting it in contact with the wooden area. It might scratch off the paint from the wooden frame and disorient its texture.
Method 2: Clean With Baking Soda & Vinegar
Dirt & dust are somehow easy to remove off the frosted glass shower doors, but stains are not. Frosted glass shower doors also experience robust stains that demand a different set of approaches.
Step 1: Prepare the Vinegar & Baking Soda Solution
- Take a bowl and add a half-cup baking soda
- Add one cup of vinegar solution to it.
- Mix it properly to make the cleaning paste.
Step 2: Apply It Over the Frosted Glass Shower Door
- Use a brush to apply this solution to the glass door.
- Apply it thoroughly to cover the stained spots.
- Let it settle down for a few minutes or an hour.
Step 3: Rinse Clean The Frosted Glass Door
- Take a bucket of clean water.
- Pour it directly onto the glass doors.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the spots and solution out.
- Rinse the door properly to get a clean outcome.
If the stains are still visible, you can repeat the process and let the solution settle down for a little longer. Instead of that, you can also prefer using any glass stain removal products available at stores.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Frequently Should I Clean My Frosted Glass Shower Doors?
Do a thorough cleaning of the frosted glass shower doors at an interval of one month. It is better if you seek weekly cleaning. But, if it isn’t possible, then prefer subtle maintenance regularly and intense cleaning, once every month.
How Can I Remove Fingerprints From the Frosted Glass Shower Doors?
You can use a simple vinegar and water solution mixed at an equal ratio to get rid of fingerprint marks from frosted glass shower doors.
What Cleaning Products Should I Avoid While Cleaning Frosted Glass?
You must not use steel wool, pumice stone, toilet cleaners, and citrus solutions for cleaning frosted glass. You can prefer alkaline cleaning solutions with a pH higher than 7 for breaking down the mineral deposits over the glass. Therefore, it is advisable to use alkaline solutions instead of acidic ones.
Clean Glass or Frosted Glass Shower Doors- Which Is Better?
Clean glass doors give a more open feeling but degrade the privacy aspects. They do brighten up your shower room but also demand intense cleaning. In contrast, frosted glass shower doors are more functional and provide much-required privacy.
Both have their pros and cons, so follow this link for more details, and decide the best for yourself.
Frosted glass shower doors are most sought-after in present real-estate scenarios and they complement with marble showers. They are used widely by builders. As you can find these types of glass doors in almost every home, you rent or purchase, you need to learn the process of cleaning them yourself.
This, in turn, will help you save some bucks on hiring professional cleaners. This guide is the perfect assistant to help you learn and implement the optimal cleaning of frosted glass shower doors.