As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Frosted glass shower doors are translucent and consist of pits on them. And, this is what makes them different from regular glass doors.
They are preferred as shower doors because they disperse or blur the reflection, thereby offering privacy. However, the pits on these glass doors attract dust and dirt, which needs proper cleaning.
- How to Clean Frosted Glass Shower Doors?
- Method 1: Clean With Glass Cleaner
- Method 2: Clean With Baking Soda & Vinegar
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clean Frosted Glass Shower Doors?
It is not recommended to use a similar cleaning process for frosted glass and standard glass. The pits within the frosted glass get immensely dirty because of the accumulation of dirt and get stained by lime or calcium deposits and hard water deposits.
Therefore, different techniques come into play. So, follow this guide to know about how to clean frosted glass shower doors.
Method 1: Clean With Glass Cleaner
Dirt and dust are fundamental issues with frosted glass shower doors. These doors have pits that hold the minute dirt and dust for a long time. Cleaning frosted glass with a glass cleaner is probably the simplest way to go about it.
Step 1: Preparation
Safety is the first step while dealing with intense cleaning procedures for glass shower doors. So, you need to:
- Get a pair of gloves for the cleaning process
- Get a mask to avoid inhaling fumes emitted by the cleaning solutions.
- Ensure ventilation around the bathroom
Step 2: Spray Glass Cleaner & Wipe the Surface
- Put on the gloves and spray glass cleaner onto the surface of the frosted glass shower door
- Wipe the surface with paper towels or old newspapers (Newspapers and paper towels do not leave much lint after you wipe)
- Use a circular rubbing motion as you wipe the glass cleaner into the frosted glass
Step 3: Continue Scrubbing With an Abrasive Sponge
- Get an abrasive sponge for a deeper clean of the pitted surfaces on the frosted glass doors
- Use the sponge to rub the glass cleaner on the frosted glass in a circular motion, in the same way you did with the towel or newspaper
Frosted glass shower doors are usually installed with wooden frames. Therefore, you need to be extra cautious while using an abrasive sponge to avoid getting it in contact with the wooden area. It might scratch off the paint from the wooden frame and disorient its texture.
Method 2: Clean With Baking Soda & Vinegar
Dirt & dust are somehow easy to remove off the frosted glass shower doors, but stains are not. Frosted glass shower doors also experience robust stains that demand a different set of approaches.
Step 1: Prepare the Vinegar & Baking Soda Solution
- Take a bowl and add a half-cup baking soda
- Add one cup of vinegar solution to it
- Mix it properly to make the cleaning paste
Step 2: Apply It Over the Frosted Glass Shower Door
- Use a brush to apply the vinegar / baking soda solution to the glass door
- Apply it thoroughly to cover the stained spots
- Let it settle for a few minutes
Step 3: Rinse Off Vinegar / Baking Soda Solution
- Take a bucket of clean water
- Pour it directly onto the glass doors
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the spots and solution out
- Rinse the door properly to get a clean outcome
If the stains are still visible, you can repeat the process and let the solution settle down for a little longer. Instead of that, you can also prefer using any glass stain removal products available at stores.
This video demonstrates how you can use vinegar & baking soda to clean tough stains from frosted glass shower doors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Frequently Should I Clean My Frosted Glass Shower Doors?
Do a thorough cleaning of the frosted glass shower doors every month. Wiping the doors weekly with a damp towel will help keep stains and scum from building up.
How Can I Remove Fingerprints From the Frosted Glass Shower Doors?
You can use a simple vinegar and water solution mixed at an equal ratio to get rid of fingerprint marks from frosted glass shower doors.
What Cleaning Products Should I Avoid While Cleaning Frosted Glass?
Regular Glass vs Frosted Glass Doors for Showers
Regular glass shower doors give a more open feeling but have no privacy. They do brighten up your bathroom but also need frequent cleaning. In contrast, frosted glass shower doors need less cleaning and provide much more privacy.
Frosted glass shower doors are most sought-after in present real-estate scenarios and they complement with marble showers. They are used widely by builders. As you can find these types of glass doors in almost every home, you rent or purchase, you need to learn the process of cleaning them yourself.
This, in turn, will help you save some bucks on hiring professional cleaners. This guide is the perfect aid to help you learn the optimal cleaning of frosted glass shower doors.