As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Plastic Shower Floors are very budget-friendly. However, they accumulate soap scum, dirt, debris, stains, and other such build-ups, making them look dull. A question comes to mind: how to clean plastic shower floor?
The pores in them are the primary cause of these accumulations. Therefore, precise cleaning is essential for such shower floors.
How to Clean a Plastic Shower Floor
Plastic shower pans are far less durable and harder to clean the fiberglass shower pans, and so you need to stay on top of keeping them clean.
Proper maintenance of plastic shower floors will bring back the lost charm in your shower room. Therefore, regular cleaning is a must. Here, natural cleaning solutions can be your DIY hacks.
Learn how to clean plastic shower floor with the use of simple household solutions. With this guide, you do not need to consult professionals or hire them for cleaning purposes.
Instead, you can do it all by yourself. That’s money well saved!
Method 1: Cleaning With Vinegar
If the dirt or stain build-up over the floors is quite intolerable, a robust cleaning procedure is needed. Here vinegar comes into play. Vinegar is an excellent disinfectant and cleaner as it is made from acetic acid.
The strong acidic nature of vinegar helps to dissolve grime, dirt, grease, and mineral deposits. In addition, it is so powerful that it even helps in killing bacteria.
Step 1: Run the Shower to Open the Tile Pores
- Keep the shower in a running state with hot water flow.
- Keep the doors and windows closed at the time.
- The shower must run for around 10 minutes.
- It will open up the tile pores to make it easy for you to clean.
Step 2: Prepare the Vinegar Solution
- You will need ¼ cup of vinegar in a bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of water onto it.
- Mix them up thoroughly to prepare the cleaning solution.
- Fill it in a spray bottle.
Step 3: Apply the Vinegar Solution to the Floor Tiles
- Spray the vinegar solution on the floor surface.
- Spray around all the crevices and corners.
- Make sure you cover the tricky stained areas.
- Let the solution settle on the shower floor for around 30 minutes. (If your floor is very disgusting, then you might need to leave the solution for around one hour)
If you clean weekly, then you might not have to wait for 30 mins at this step. Instead, 10-15 mins will serve the purpose.
Step 4: Scrub the Shower Floor
- Use a soft-bristled scrubber for this purpose.
- Scrub the surface of the shower floor for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put some pressure on the tricky stained areas to break them down.
Step 5: Turn the Shower on Again for Rinsing the Surface
- After cleaning is over, turn the shower back on.
- It will wash away all the scum, dirt, and dust build-up with the flow of water.
- Use a hand shower to direct the leftover dirt or build-up to end up in the drain.
- Now, dry the surface of the shower floor with the use of an old but clean towel. (Optional)
Method 2: Clean With the Help of Baking Soda
Baking soda can eradicate tough stains because it helps dissolve grease and dirt in water and effectively cleans the surfaces. So, if vinegar didn’t give you a satisfactory cleaning result, try using baking soda for the purpose.
Step 1: Prepare the Shower Floors for Cleaning
- Turn on the shower with hot water flow.
- Let the tile pores open up due to the high temperature.
- Let the shower run for around 10 minutes, and then you can begin with your cleaning session.
Step 2: Prepare the Baking Soda Solution
- Take baking soda in a container.
- Add a little amount of water to it.
- Mix it up well until a paste is prepared.
Step 3: Applying the Paste Over the Plastic Shower Floors
- Spread the paste over the plastic shower floor.
- Use a sponge brush for the spreading purpose.
- Let the paste rest on the surface for a few hours.
Step 4: Scrub the Surface and Rinse It
- Use a sponge brush to scrub the areas to remove dirt and build-ups.
- Put some pressure on the tough stained spots.
- Rinse it with warm water using a hand shower.
- If not that, then a bucket of warm water would serve the purpose.
Getting a practical insight into cleaning plastic shower floors is what will help you master the process. So, check out this video for the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should I Clean My Plastic Shower Floors?
If you wish to lessen your efforts on robust cleaning sessions every month for your plastic shower floors, it is better to clean them every week. It will ensure that the floor gets less dirty over time, saving you from a monumental effort on monthly cleaning.
How Can I Shine the Plastic Shower Floors?
You can use any automobile wax to ensure that you revive the lost shine of the plastic shower floors. Even after cleaning the floor, if you notice a dull look or light scratches, apply the wax with a clean cloth to give it a new-like appeal. To know how you can use car wax to bring back the shine on shower tiles, you can refer to this link.
Plastic shower floors are often made up of acrylic or fiberglass. And, either of them is prone to accumulating horrible amounts of stain, dirt, and build-up.