As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If your Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner is not working perfectly, the possible reason is a blocked brush roll. The vacuum brush can accumulate a lot of harboring dirt that might obstruct its cleanliness potential. Removing the roller brush to clean it is not as common as replacing the vacuum bags.
Moreover, cleaning the Shark Rocket brush roll is not an easy task. In fact, you need patience, time, and precision to clean the shark rocket brush roll.
- How to Clean a Shark Rocket Brush Roll
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clean a Shark Rocket Brush Roll
If you have people in your house with long hair or pets, then be sure that the brush roll of your Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner will wrap the hair around its roller to jam itself.
When there is too much wrapping of hair and debris around the roller, it fails to rotate and cannot pick up the debris and hair from your floors anymore. Therefore, you need to look after fixing this condition to revive the functionality of your Shark Rocket vacuum cleaner.
So, it is important for you to learn how to clean a Shark Rocket brush roll effectively. And this guide will help you with it!
The 4 steps on how to clean a Shark Rocket brush roll are the following:
- Removing the Brush Roll of Shark Rocket Vacuum Cleaner
- Cleaning the Shark Rocket Brush Roll
- Cleaning the Bearings of the Shark Rocket Brush Roll
- Clean Dust & Dirt around the Cleaner-Housing Before Setting It Back
Step 1: Removing the Brush Roll of Shark Rocket Vacuum Cleaner
Before you can head out to clean the brush roll, it is important to gain access to it. And for that, you should detach the brush roll from the machine to clean it effectively from within.
So, here are the things that you should implement in order to detach the brush roll.
- Detach the Vacuum Cleaner From Power Outlet
The first step is to take off the power supply and unplug the power cord. It will prevent you from experiencing electric shocks. As per the US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, there were over 43,000 electrical accidents between the years 2003 to 2010.
Hence, electrical safety should be a priority.
- Look For the Roller Brush
It is pretty easy to locate the Shark Rocket roller brush. For all the Shark Rocket units, the brush roll is always on the lower side part of the machine.
Turn around the vacuum cleaner base in a way such that the screws of the bottom plate are exposed. If there is rust on the screws, then you must make use of some rust remover to clean it out. Hence, it will help with the easy removal of the screws.
- Unscrew the Bottom Faceplate
When you have got the screws, it is then time for you to unscrew them. You will need a Phillips head screwdriver to unscrew the faceplate. There are four screws on the bottom plate.
Loosen those screws and take them out to store in a small bowl. You can now take off the bottom faceplate.
- Take Out the Brush Roll
The last step for removing the brush roll is to take it out gently. After detaching the faceplate, you need to take off the covering and pull out the brush roll. In some models, the brush roll is attached to the components of the vacuum cleaner.
Hence, taking it out becomes more complex. In most of the Shark vacuums, you will find it easy to pull out one end of the roller while the other stays connected with the holding belt.
You need to slowly detach it from the belt by following the respective counter-clockwise motion. Please do not pull out the roller hastily, as it might damage the holding belt.
- Take Note of the Setting Position
So, consider remembering the initial position of the setting for the rollers. It will help you while reassembling the brush roll after you are over with the cleaning process.
Step 2: Cleaning the Shark Rocket Brush Roll
- You need to cover the working surface with newspaper or paper. It ensures that all of the dust, debris, and hair flows and creates a mess of the floor.
- You must slide one end of the scissors under the hair wrapped over the roller. When you slide the scissors in, just cut them. You can preferably use stainless-steel scissors, as they have thinner blades on them. Thin blades will easily slide under the hair and other wrapped debris.
- Use your fingers to pull out the hair and keep them aside from the roller.
- Continue with the motion until you find the brush roller to be clean and free from all kinds of debris.
- Apart from that, it would be best if you also were sure about cleaning the bearings. It is because, after that, the belt will be fixed.
- The cleaning process is not immediate, and you will need a lot of time to clean the brush roller thoroughly. So, it would be best if you had patience while cleaning this Shark Rocket brush roll.
Step 3: Cleaning the Bearings of the Shark Rocket Brush Roll
- When you are over with cleaning hair and debris from the main surface of the roller brush, it is now time to clean its bearings.
- To access the bearings, you need to pop out each side of the roller brush. At times, some hair or debris stuck here won’t be visible from above. Therefore, it is essential to eject them in order to deep clean.
- If you see any hair or debris over it, just remove them with scissors or a sewing needle.
- When you are over with it, just snap the caps back onto the ends of the brush roll.
Step 4: Clean Dust & Dirt Around the Cleaner-Housing Before Setting It Back
- Take the time out to clean the dust & dirt around the housing of the brush roll.
- You will need a wet paper towel to wipe out any debris or dust in or around the area.
- To set it back to its housing, you need to orient the brush correctly on its housing and then slide it through the belt within the vacuum cleaner.
- You must pull the belt slightly out to allow the roller brush to go through. It is to ensure that the brush roll settles tightly over its housing.
- When you place the brush roll within its housing, it is now time to place the bottom faceplate over it.
- Set the faceplate as per the screw holes over the cleaner.
- Now, take the screws from the container where you stored them. And tighten them one by one.
- And you are just done with the cleaning of your brush roll. It is now ready to clean your house floors and carpets efficiently again.
- Plug it back in, and you are ready to use it!
To get a better idea of utilizing these steps for cleaning the brush roll, you must check out this YouTube video right away!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Do in Order to Maintain My Shark Rocket Vacuum?
Irrespective of whether you have a corded or cordless Shark Rocket vacuum, you need to look after its maintenance on an all-around basis.
As you are now aware of how to clean the brush roll, there are many more parts that you need to maintain and look after for the longevity of this vacuum cleaner.
You need to consider emptying the dust cup, check the blockages, clean the filters, and others. Therefore, to know more about it, you should consider reading this article.
What Are the Signs That Point My Shark Vacuum Needs Complete Cleaning?
Common problems, such as suction loss, weird sound, unpleasant odor, and other faulty conditions, trigger overall cleaning. Apart from cleaning the brush roll, the filters also play a significant role in making the vacuum function.
Therefore, here is the link to explain to you how to completely clean the Shark Rocket vacuum cleaners; check it out now!
How Frequently Should I Clean the Shark Vacuum Cleaner, Its Filters, and the Brush Roll?
You must empty the dirt container after every cleaning session. The filters need cleaning once every month. Also, you need to give a look at the dust canister once every three months. And the HEPA filter needs cleaning only once every year.
Follow these schedules, and you will find your vacuum cleaner lasts for a long time.
So, if you own a Shark Rocket Vacuum Cleaner, then it is time for you to understand the importance of brush rollers and other parts as well. A brush roller is the point of concern because it is the first part where all the suction problem begins.
If the rollers are not efficient enough to move due to the obstructions, then the suction will be lowered. Therefore, it is crucial to start the cleaning approach from the dirt container and then move onto the brush roller. Later, you can count on cleaning the filters!