If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Shower doors experience an immense amount of stain & build-up due to hard water spots or soap scums. If you witness the same problems, then WD40 is the right solution for you to clean your shower doors.
Thirty minutes is what you need with WD40 to get your shower doors cleaned. In addition to that, bid farewell to the recurring build-ups post-application of WD40. This solution helps prevent stains and build-ups from recurring.
- How to Clean Shower Doors With WD40?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Clean Shower Doors With WD40?
WD40 displaces water and breaks down the tough soap scums or water stains on the glass doors. It consists of anti-corrosion ingredients to help serve the purpose.
So, to learn how to clean shower doors with WD40, go through this article till the end.
Step 1: Understand the Safety Precautions
Before you commence with the use of WD40 for cleaning your shower doors, it is better to know the precautions. It is because WD40 is not healthy for the human body.
- Read the instruction manual properly before using the WD40 Formula.
- Use a face mask to prevent inhalation of the toxic fumes emitted by the WD40 formula.
- Prefer to wear rubber gloves for the cleaning purpose.
- Ensure optimal ventilation around the shower room by opening up the windows and doors. You can turn on the exhaust fans (if any) or improve air circulation within the room by other means.
Step 2: Spray WD40 Solution on Affected Areas
- Spray a considerable amount of WD40 onto the stained areas of your shower door.
- Ensure that you cover the affected spot with sufficient WD40 solution. It is because the solution will work only upon the area that is covered with it.
- After spraying, leave the solution to settle on the shower door area for around 30 minutes.
- The solution will cut through the build-ups or hard water stains.
Step 3: Use Microfiber Cloth to Wipe the Shower Door
- After 30 minutes of spraying the solution, you need to wipe clean the door.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the shower door.
- The solution will eradicate the stain and build-up as well.
- In case there are still some remnants of stain and build-up, you can respray the solution.
- But, this time, use a scrubber brush instead of a microfiber cloth to wipe it off.
- Gently scrub the shower doors on affected spots to clean them thoroughly.
Step 4: Final Wash of the Shower Door
- Take a bucket full of clean water.
- Use a clean cloth for the process.
- Pour water on the shower door using a mug to wash away the WD40 remnants.
- Rinse the shower door thoroughly, and use the cloth to amplify the washing aspects.
- Now, dry off the shower door with the use of a dry towel.
Doing it all by yourself requires a better understanding of the steps. Hence, after referring to the above points, check out this video.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Alternatives to WD40 for Cleaning the Shower Doors?
WD40 is counted as the best cleaning solution for shower doors. However, if you wish to clean it with your household essentials, there are some different remedies.
How Is Hard Water Responsible for Most of the Shower Door Stains?
Hard water is responsible for causing unappealing stains on your shower doors. Soft water is nowhere the cause of this problem.
It is because hard water consists of more calcium, chalk, lime, magnesium, and dissolved minerals. When hard water comes in contact with soap scum, it leads to tough stains on shower doors. Therefore, regular cleaning is essential.
How Can You Try and Prevent the Occurrence of Soap Scum?
To ensure that soap scums do not occur much on your shower doors, prefer using a squeegee for removing excessive plain or soapy water from the door surface.
Do it every time you take a shower, and it will ensure that soap & hard water doesn’t stay on the doors to develop tough stains.
Is WD40 Responsible for Attracting Dirt After Application?
WD40 is not responsible or known for attracting dirt or moisture on application. However, you should wash the surface properly after the cleaning process is over. Use the above rinsing and wiping methods to remove the solution and stains from the shower doors.
Also, see our guide on how to clean shower doors with a dryer sheet!
This may be an action after adjusting your shower door. But overall, if you were confused about whether to use WD40 to clean your shower doors or not, this guide must have provided an answer to it.
Using the WD40 cleaner solution for shower doors, and even to sliding doors, is convenient and practical.
Nevertheless, it demands certain safety precautions before the commencement of this cleaning approach. So, make sure you follow the steps thoroughly.